08-07-10, 12:46 PM   #1
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Macintosh Repair tool finally

I was going to email Boub of MMO champion about this then thought naaaah let's give an exclusive to wowinterface instead

I have yet to see a news site with news on this. Mac owners please look at the title of this thread. Then look at it again.

Yes I mean exactly what it says. Mac OS X owning world of warcraft players are finally in 2005 !!!! *double thumbs up*

*cough* *cough* bad joke there sorry guys. I'm not a Mac hater I'm a Mac power user. Used to write articles for a Macintosh review magazine and am an active participant on an OS X mailing list. Love figuring out new ways of making my mac do things although regular expressions and perl still make me go "gah?" *open drooling mouth*

I noticed this when I was bored installing the new Cata beta client , the one with the super awesome streaming launcher thingy. Looked in my "World of Warcraft Beta.Temp" folder and there was a Repair.app.temp in there. Waited and it turned into a Repair.app ::

Unfortunately I don't have all of the patch downloaded yet so I can't really test if it works. Not sure if it's even active with the streaming installer as it currently is. A decent backup is better then a repair program any day.

But it's nice that they thought of us ::tear::

PS This would be a good time for them to overhaul the repair program as well to make it more useful in more situations that come up.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 08-07-10 at 12:49 PM.

08-07-10, 01:01 PM   #2
Guardix
A Cyclonian
In before MMO-Champion!

Congratulations to all you mac users ^^!

08-08-10, 01:14 PM   #3
Vlad
A Molten Giant

It's about time, as the repair tool isn't really hard to make into a Mac program (let's face it, it's a simple CRC/file check to see if the files are not corrupt or missing). This should have been implemented early back when they made the game playable on Mac OS X, well I guess it's better late than never.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » Macintosh Repair tool finally