06-01-10, 03:04 PM   #1
ferdy30
A Defias Bandit
How lite is NuI lite compared to +

I have been using NuI+ for probably 4+months and I love it. The problem I have ran into is that now in 25 ICC my computer is starting to lag and im dropping down to below 9 FPS while in a boss fight, though I had little problems in ToC except for the PvP fight. This has unfortunatley caused me to have to stop using NuI+ (I also do have my graphics turned all the way down).

If I went with NuI lite would it help with this problem any at all?

If not the main thing that I miss the most about NuI is the HUD...all the information about buffs, debuffs of my target and target of target helps me alot when im tanking. I have tried using a few HUDs but have not been able to get any to show all the information that the NuI one shows. Is there any way to just use the HUD from NUI without the rest of the addons?
06-01-10, 03:52 PM   #2
nonretadin
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

dont quote me on this but i dont really think it would help the only thing differant is that lite doesnt include the 20 man raid the 25 man raid and the 40 man raid unit frame panels so its lite in the fact that its lite on unit frame panels? lol idk so yeah i dont honestly believe it will help your lagg or FPS at all but i could be wrong.

EDIT: i think that in my nUI lifetime i've asked for the HUD seperate 3 or 4 times so have a bunch of others but scott likes to keep it all together and even if the HUD was seperate who knows what else it relies on to keep itself running if it was alone it might lose some features and stuff so you might not want it seperate even if you could have it seperate

yup themz da banana'z

Last edited by nonretadin : 06-01-10 at 03:54 PM. Reason: anwsered second question
06-01-10, 04:14 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ferdy30 View Post
Is there any way to just use the HUD from NUI without the rest of the addons?
nUI is just one addon, which is why you can't do that.

I should have 25 man raid frames for the nUI6 alpha very soon and that should fix the FPS issue you're having with nUI+

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » How lite is NuI lite compared to +