01-02-13, 02:11 PM   #1
Drizzi88
A Defias Bandit
Combinate Carbonite with an other Arrow Addon

Greetings
First of all, please excuse my bad english. it's long ago since i used it.^^

Till yesterday i've used TomTom to mark my waypoints and routes to calculate my farming routes.
I was very excited as i see the 5.1 update from carbonite on curse. (Last time used 3.x^^)
Now i have googled a few hours to set up both arrows. TomTom and carbonites routing arrow.
Actually, i want to use Carbonite for farming, long time routes, twinking etc. and tomtom just to navigate to my local quest object.
what i've done till now?
Well i disabled the TomTom and Cartographer emulation.
reinstalled the Addons (deleting wtf files too)
Demerged the worldmap from carbonite.
biting my table
repeating the steps above.
wasted most of the time to check the options everywhere.

Actually, if i die, the TomTom Arrow pops out from anywhere and shows me the direction to my corpse.
That's great but not the part i want to.
Is there someone out there who knows what i've done wrong? o.O
It was possible in a few versions as far as i see in google. meh. :/

here a few screens from my carbonite options:

(Checked "Activate Destinationarrow", "Set Destinationarrow automaticly")

If there is another waypoint addon which is able to coexist with Carbonite, i would try to use it.

I hope someone out there is able to help me.^^ Thanks so far.

Last edited by Drizzi88 : 01-02-13 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Forgot something.

01-02-13, 05:46 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You actually don't have to have TomTom installed for other addons to use TomTom, ummmm, waypoints, I guess you'd call them. I have Archy (for archaeology) installed, and Carbonites TomTom emulator enabled, and Archy uses Carbonites HUD arrow and map goto's to point me to my archaeology dig sites.

As far as farming routes go, you can use Carbonite itself to route you around a zone as long as you are tracking that skill through the Blizzard tracking facility (the magnifying glass minimap icon). You can also make your own routes for other things using the "Favorites" feature in Carbonite. One caveat to that, though, is that in order to see the "gold active node icon" on Carbonites map, the maps must be merged. The other is that Carbonite will only route you through node points that it already "knows". However, if you harvest a node previously unknown by Carbonite, it will "remember" that location. Currently, there is no other addon that Carbonite can obtain information from as far as gathering information goes. Also, merging the Blizzard and Carbonite maps is the only way you can see the "active node icon" on Carbonites minimized map since that information is not, as yet, available to addons.

There are a couple of threads in the old (archived) Carbonite forums that explain how they work: Routing Gathering Nodes, and How To Route Favorites

Just to ensure that you are aware: Cartographer (the addon) is dead. It hasn't been updated since, I think, WoW 3.something or other. Emulating Cartographer in Carbonite is, probably, pretty useless.

The other thing is that Carbonite can merge the Blizzard Minimap with its' own map, but does not do anything with Blizzards World Map, except open Carbonites maximized map instead of opening Blizzards World Map when the "M" key is pressed as long as that option is checked in Carbonites options (which, according to your first screen shot, it is not in your Carbonite installation).

I highly recommend going to your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder and reading through the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file. It explains a lot about what Carbonite is, and what it can do, but it also explains how it can be set up. There is a large amount of installation information at the beginning of the file, but since you already have it installed I think it's safe to skip that part. 8^)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-02-13 at 10:45 PM.

01-03-13, 09:18 AM   #3
Drizzi88
A Defias Bandit
Well, Thank you for the great particularised advice but it seems as i wrote a bit cloudy^^
i was looking for an opportunity to activate both arrows.
Please don't misunderstand me, i loved the features from carbonite and for a normal layout it's enough to use carbonite instead of 5 or 6 other addons.
But i am actually trying to do many things in the same time. With my main i have to do daylies, instances and trying to farm in the same time. That's why i want to use the carbonite arrow for farming while tomtom shows me near quests i'm able to do.
(btw. i know how to install and configure carbonite so far and know what the tomtom emulation want to do. That's why i've deactivated it.^^ The Part with the farming spots was one of many reasons i've installed carbonite. But i can't deactivate Gatherer so far. I need pandaria ores and herbs^^)
Actually i'm using TomTom to get my marks from pandaria spots back.
The other thing is, after i'm joining an instance i don't know to "hide" the Carbonite Arrow or stop him pointing to his direction out in neverwhere.
An Other Thing is, Carbonite can't find a few daylies in pandaria for me, like Trial At The Temple of the White Tiger. [Edit] Fix'd. After a Relog it appeared.

Well, the part with the minimap is my own lazyness. i like to see if a quest is just a radius based quest, or a quest with a fixed point to get. If you know what i mean.

Nevermind, i'll post a Screen.

In my last try, i've merged the minimaps and this Area was hidden. That's no Problem in Quest i've already done (a few times...) but in "new" quests or Quests with a Twink, thats not so great...

Edit:
I've merged the minimaps now. After i've seen the old content quests are working correctly i hope the development and implementation of pandaria content will be in the next update. May prevent thinks like this xD

Last edited by Drizzi88 : 01-03-13 at 10:38 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Combinate Carbonite with an other Arrow Addon