02-27-09, 02:38 AM   #1
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Griswold's Legacy - Need UI Criticism!

Hi folks!

I'm getting ready to post the latest update to my home brewed UI known as Griswold's Legacy - Diablo UI. This is going to be version 4. Since I brought my UI back on the web, I've noticed that the downloads have double since it's initial release, so some one out there at least likes it!

Anyways, I need a public opinion of my UI's recent changes. You see, I'm not a minimalist, never have, and probably won't be for a long time. I like artwork that stands out and looks different, and not to sound arrogant, but my UI's artwork stands out compared to other UI's, to me that is. But since I started healing lately in groups, I've found it difficult to see what I am doing because of my own UI clutter. So I decided to do something about it, I made changes to the UI's layout. Very simple but highly noticeable change to the UI's structure that allows me to see more of the fight.

Rather than explain to you what I've done, I've made a YouTube video showing the changes. Short, but gives you the picture. It's not a final product of the UI, but this is the changes so far. If some of you - fans particularly - could take a minute to watch the video and give me some feedback on the changes and tell me what you like and what you don't like.

Super Minimalist enthusiasts, you may want to turn away now.

YouTube Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AGEm8v81hA

Last edited by PerfectH : 02-27-09 at 02:40 AM.
02-27-09, 03:16 AM   #2
Ailae
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
"This video is not available in your country. " :/

Trying to watch it from Sweden.
02-27-09, 03:45 AM   #3
lingering
A Cliff Giant

Not really my thing but very nice looking, i prefer the less is more of ArkiveUI, etc., but nice work :-)
02-27-09, 04:28 AM   #4
Hellarion
A Black Drake

heh..i posted on your thread in the wow forums..(Malys)

Id use this at all times if it played edgar winter non stop while logged in really nice work

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Griswold's Legacy - Need UI Criticism!