05-08-07, 04:38 AM   #1
trentzip
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Context Menu

God i could be sounding like an idiot here. but is there anyway i can assign the context menu to another mouse button? i was using the scroll button to bring it up before, but now i have got the Logitech G7 Wireless Optical Mouse and unfortunately u cant click in the scroll mouse button... althought it does have a button on the side for "Back" in web browsers. Is there anyway to assign this button to the context menu?

Regards

Me ^^
05-08-07, 06:15 AM   #2
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
hmm tough one....theres always some crap wow gives with the logitech hardware...

tbh i dunno there was a time someone brought out a full config addon for the keyboard and i doubt it can be used for the mous..

beats me m8 but gl finding a solution
05-08-07, 07:28 AM   #3
Pylades
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Actually, you CAN click the scroll wheel on the G7 mouse. The problem is that you need to configure it as a "generic button" in Logitech's SetPoint software, instead of "autoscroll" or whatever the default is.
05-08-07, 08:04 AM   #4
Balsta
The easiet way to use a multi button mouse with wow is to configure the mouse itself. I have a 7 button mouse and use them all in wow by setting them up as a regular key such as [ then setting a keybinding to [ inside wow for whatever I need it to do.

Hope that makes sence.
05-08-07, 08:32 AM   #5
trentzip
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Pylades
Actually, you CAN click the scroll wheel on the G7 mouse. The problem is that you need to configure it as a "generic button" in Logitech's SetPoint software, instead of "autoscroll" or whatever the default is.

Ah it appears it can to. Its a rather dodgy middle wheel click tho O_o. Still the question remains... Is it possible to reassign in WoW wat my Context Menu key is? cos that "back" button on the mouse is there doin nothing so yea. itd be good and easy way to access it.
05-08-07, 08:48 AM   #6
trentzip
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Pylades

Did wat u suggested. Its all functioning like how i had it before i got the new mouse. Thanks ^_^

Still, if anyone knows if its possible to change the default "Bring Up Context" key assignments actually in WoW itd be greatly appreciated. The clicking of the centre mouse wheel on this mouse is a lil bit dodgy. And now i got that "back" key doin nothing. So if anyone knows how i mite be able to use IT as the "bring up context menu" button WITHOUT playing around again in Setpoint, id really like to know. ^_^

Thanks agen.

Me
05-08-07, 09:53 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Go to the Mazzle section in the Key Bindings menu.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-08-07, 01:50 PM   #8
Clardrian
A Fallenroot Satyr
Also, on mine, it defualted to have the context menu bound to shift+middle click (mouse3) AND shift+Mouse4...which I what I use.
05-08-07, 06:40 PM   #9
trentzip
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Problem Solved!!!

Thanks muchly to all those that contributed their suggestions. I went in to SetPoint and changed the back key to Generic button... Now it serves as a Back key in Web Browsers like firefox, BUT it ALSO is assigned to Button4, which happens to be one of the Default 2 choices for the context menu in WoW. Yay!

Thanks agen guys for ur help. Much appreciated

Regards

me

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Context Menu