09-17-07, 03:45 AM   #1
trentzip
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Updating

Hey i was just wondering. Is it safe to use "WoWAceUpdater" on the current Mazzle? I am aware of the risks due to the fact it downloads betas, but yea.
09-17-07, 04:28 AM   #2
Takatalvi
A Cliff Giant
I don't use Mazzle atm, but I've heard that any user updating is ill advised. Mazzle makes some of the UI custom in order for it to be compatible and easy to use.

If you need to update be sure to make a backup of your /Interface and /WTF folders. e.g. rename them interface-bkup wtf-bkup

User updating may, or may not break certain parts of the UI. I wouldn't suggest it.
09-17-07, 05:17 AM   #3
Aygen
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I run WAU every day, Select all installed addons, and Install without Externals. I've never had 1 problem.
09-17-07, 08:17 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can even delete the .svn folder inside your nQuestLog folder. I rolled in Mazzle's changes a while ago, and there is someone adding new features now. Anything else that you can grab with WAU, there is an .svn folder inside to keep WAU from touching it. Just make sure that you have "skip working copies" checked in your WAU options.

The only mod **NOT** to touch is bongos.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-17-07, 04:04 PM   #5
Moribund
A Fallenroot Satyr
Cartographer and FuBar are kinda funky right now, they're going to a Rock GUI for their options, so I wouldn't suggest updating them. Other than that, use WAU and the important stuff, it won't update because of the svn file, though I took the previous poster's suggestion re. nQuest and it works a lot better with Lightheaded now (though I'd still like a -small- quest tracker to use. the whole window, even transparent, is more than I want on my screen).
09-17-07, 04:38 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Moribund
Cartographer and FuBar are kinda funky right now, they're going to a Rock GUI for their options, so I wouldn't suggest updating them. Other than that, use WAU and the important stuff, it won't update because of the svn file, though I took the previous poster's suggestion re. nQuest and it works a lot better with Lightheaded now (though I'd still like a -small- quest tracker to use. the whole window, even transparent, is more than I want on my screen).
then uncheck some quests/zones and hide them.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-19-07, 06:09 AM   #7
trentzip
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
update a success. thanks guys. Did the good old "without externals" WAU and BAM. not a single issue yet. and no more "u need to update this mod" message =D

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Updating