12-12-09, 07:44 AM   #1
demanl
A Cyclonian

Smile Key Bindings - lost - Fixed in 5.06.04 !

Hi.

I just wanted to say thankyou...as the nagging lost key binding issue appears to have been fixed in 5.06.04.

Thanks for such a great mod.

12-12-09, 10:21 PM   #2
nemo_rex
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy

/sigh

I wish I could say that were true, but alas... I started using nUI+ about a week before 3.3, and love it, but have had this problem repeatedly, before (I think) and after (for sure) the upgrade to 5.06.04. Sometimes it's on first logon, but usually it's when I have a) switched toons or b) gotten into/out of a vehicle interface.

Today I set my config.wtf not to sync bindings; I will spend a few days testing that as a solution.

(If it's pertinent to anyone, the problem is not with custom bindings; it's my 1,2,3...= keys.)

12-13-09, 06:34 AM   #3
oggor
A Murloc Raider
i am also having the problem of not being able to use my 1,2,3... ect keys. i'm using the 5.06.04 (release) off curse. com...

unfortuantely tweaking things isn't a knowledge i have. lol

hopefuly this will get fixed. I love this addon.

12-13-09, 08:27 AM   #4
towjam72
A Kobold Labourer
Having to rebind my keys everytime i log in has gotten old fast. When this is fixed I'll try nUI again..... Until then I gotta find something else.

12-13-09, 08:51 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. It sounds like these have all surfaced since 3.3 came out so before we start accusing nUI from messing up lets see if this isn't a problem outside of nUIs control.

Have you all played enough to test this without any addons installed ?

Did you, after installing the latest nUI update, delete the settings for nUI in the WTF folders and reset your settings ? Perhaps something had corrupted the files.

Also, could everyone having the problem and not having the problem put down what operating system they are using as I am reading more and more posts on the WoW forums that give the suggestion that WoW is changing permission settings for the WoW folder. This could quite possibly be the cause of key bindings being messed up and not restoring or storing correctly. The link below is one forum post that while seemingly unrelated brings light to a possible link if you read one of the later posts.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...61003621&sid=1

I'll be spending some time in game during the week testing my addons so I will see if I can get this problem to occur as well. Having Windows 7 with its hyper security I suspect I will have a similar problem.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-13-09, 09:03 AM   #6
Telepavarion
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

For me keybindings working again since nUI 5.06.05 update.

Before I have some crazy things on switching between Druid forms in combat. Espacially from tree to normal form. After that everything working again allright.

I using WinXP SP3.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

12-13-09, 09:13 AM   #7
nemo_rex
A Murloc Raider
Windows XP SP3 here. Just upgraded to 5.06.06, will wipe settings spend a couple of days observing.

BTW: @ToeJam72 you probably don't need to manually rebind the keys every time. Try reloading with a /nui rl or a /console reloadui. Still aggravating but not nearly as tedious, especially if it happens at every logon. I actually have a macro for it on one of my nUI bars at the moment .

Last edited by nemo_rex : 12-13-09 at 09:18 AM.

12-14-09, 09:59 AM   #8
demanl
A Cyclonian

Thumbs up

Hi.

I did delete the nUI folder in the addons folder prior to installing the new release. I also downloaded the addon manually...did NOT use any stupid download client..)

I then expanded/unpacked the download...then manually copied it to my addons folder.

I'm also using MAC OSX 10.4.11.....and enjoy being able to view both my wow game window and ventrilo windows at the same time.

I'm also using the auctioneer, autobar, recount, omen, equipcompare and dbm all with no problems at this time.

I also switch between 3 level 80's toons all day long....DK, Pally and Warrior. I'm also rolling a mage..lvl 50...and a rogue lvl 36....all with no problems with nUI ..)

12-14-09, 10:31 AM   #9
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by demanl View Post
all with no problems with nUI
My favorite kind of post

I feel all warm and squishy inside now

~grin~

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-14-09, 10:41 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
My favorite kind of post

I feel all warm and squishy inside now

~grin~
*pats Scott on the back * there there

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-15-09, 01:58 PM   #11
nemo_rex
A Murloc Raider
I deleted all my nUI settings files and addon folders, then installed nUI 5.06.06, ensuring my keybindings were set to save locally. The problem persisted, but I've reached the following conclusions:

1. The only problem at logon/character-switch is that the labels on the 1 through = keys may not appear; but the actual bindings function fine.

2. The bindings only seem to fail after dismounting from a vehicle, namely AT mounts (both for the dailies and in the dungeon). I haven't tried it with other vehicles but I assume they're not unique as far as coding *shrug*

If I have time, I'll test further by enabling my other addons one by one. Some of them add their own keybindings (e.g. Recount) but none of them affect the main action bars AFAIK. It's worth a shot though.

Is it worth deleting my bindings-cache.wtf file, or perhaps resetting my keybindings to default then reloading nUI?

12-16-09, 08:39 AM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by nemo_rex View Post
Is it worth deleting my bindings-cache.wtf file
Only if you have changed it to save your keybinds locally, and even then I'm not convinced it will fix the issue.

nUI may be exacerbating the issue, but it is a Blizz bug.

12-16-09, 11:52 PM   #13
nemo_rex
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
nUI may be exacerbating the issue, but it is a Blizz bug.
That's kind of why I was thinking of resetting the keybindings; so WoW and nUI could build them from scratch, free from any mucking around I may have done previously.

It seems to have worked, or one of the handful of mods I updated or deleted in the last two days removed a conflict. I had no problems with either missing labels or dead bindings today. Let's hope it wasn't just a fluke

12-17-09, 05:59 AM   #14
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by nemo_rex View Post
That's kind of why I was thinking of resetting the keybindings; so WoW and nUI could build them from scratch, free from any mucking around I may have done previously.

It seems to have worked, or one of the handful of mods I updated or deleted in the last two days removed a conflict. I had no problems with either missing labels or dead bindings today. Let's hope it wasn't just a fluke
w00t!

/keeps fingers crossed for you!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Key Bindings - lost - Fixed in 5.06.04 !