04-06-09, 04:24 PM   #1
Certaine
A Kobold Labourer
"Goto" Automatically Sets Itself

I am having a problem with the Goto function. Typically if I wanted to place a waypoint on the map I would right click on the map or mini map and select goto in whichever spot I was trying to get to. This still works. However, I'm finding that at times the Goto function will initiate on its on. I'll select "Clear Goto" and it will clear it for 10-20 seconds and then it will all of a sudden pop up again. I have to continue to clear it.

So far the only place I've tested this out was Dalaran. For some odd reason it keeps pointing to the FP on Krasus Landing without me selecting it. What's even weirder is that I can zoom out on the map and move the map to another location, for instance Dragonblight, and the goto arrow will point to another random location. I can clear it and it will pop back up on its on.

I hope what I've said is descriptive enough.

--Edit--

I did a little more testing. I tried with a different toon in a different city and it did the same thing while in Ironforge, though not as much. Also, I've also found that now when I set a waypoint with the goto option, the waypoint will automatically move itself to one of the same random locations it was moving to before I set it. For me this makes the map totally unusable. I'm gonna just switch back to the old version until all the kinks are worked out of this.

--Edit--

It has something to do with the quests and the way they are tracked. It is automatically putting a waypoint next to any quest location i'm near. Even If I am in one zone and i just zoom the map out and google earth my way to another area of the map far away, it will still put waypoints next to the quest location. Even after I "Clear Goto"...it will leave but then come back. Its kinda annoying.

--Edit--

Figured it out. It was a conflict with Questhelper. Its not that QH didn't work. It's like Carbonite tried to assimilate QH and in the process the waypoint feature started going haywire and the waypoints would randomly move, even after you set one yourself. QH on the other hand works like it's supposed to.

Last edited by Certaine : 04-06-09 at 10:14 PM.

04-08-09, 10:19 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
QuestHelper by default sets waypoints in TomTom.
Carbonite by default emulates TomTom if TomTom is not loaded.

You put QuestHelper and Carbonite together and you will then have QH setting waypoints in Carbonite.

TomTom emulation can disabled by unchecking it on the General page of the Options window.

04-09-09, 12:56 PM   #3
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I tried to run Carbonite (TomTom emulation disabled) and QuestHelper together along with TomTom when WotLK was still new and quest databases weren't as comprehensive for the new zones as they are now. I ended up getting confused with having two seperate arrows to follow.

In the end I found it's much easier to disable QH (but keep it in the addons folder) and use Carbonite for the majority of quests. Where Carbonite was missing quest data I'd just re-enable QuestHelper for the duration of the missing quest, then disable it again. I'm not suggesting you do the same, but it worked for me at the time

Tip: It helps if you have something like Addon Control Panel (ACP) for managing mod loading without actually leaving the game space (though a reloadui is usually still needed).

Last edited by Unbelievable : 04-09-09 at 01:02 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » "Goto" Automatically Sets Itself