02-25-10, 07:06 PM   #1
Shadowfeonix
An Aku'mai Servant

Question Music player addon/addin?

I don't know if this is possible but i was looking for a addon that could display what music is currently playing in windows media player in the WoW world view and (possibly be able to skip back and forth). Im not even sure its possible or been asked before but i figured i would ask.
02-25-10, 08:20 PM   #2
cloudwolf
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Currently not possible as WoW is a sandbox. It can't interact with anything outside of itself. Only solution ic an think of for you is to run in windowed mode and or bind some key strokes on your keybaord to play pause next and previous tracks.
02-25-10, 09:07 PM   #3
suicidalkatt
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Look into Xfire, it currently has an itunes "ingame" innerface.
02-26-10, 02:43 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

As stated, it's not possible for an AddOn to control an external music player (or any external program for that matter) including Windows Media Player. Your options as mentioned are:
  • Run WoW in Windowed mode and control WMP with the WMP controls in your taskbar or use a media player that has a "window shade" mode (such as WinAmp)
  • Run XFire or PlayXpert which have an DirectX overlay which can control a media player.
  • Use a media player which has access to and uses global hotkeys
  • Switch a Mac (WoW on the Macintosh has a built in iTunes control)
  • Use a in-game music player AddOn (files must be in .wav or .mp3 format and must conform to the AddOn's specified file/folder structure.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Music player addon/addin?