10-15-14, 09:37 PM   #1
EleriaBurningBlade
A Defias Bandit
Favorite UI Addon

First let me say this is my first post and I freakin love this website!

What is your favorite WoW UI Addon and why? Is it easy to use? Does it look clean? Does it have the options you need?
10-16-14, 03:34 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you searching for a specific type of addon? Just want recommendations for your own use? Or is this an ice-breaker type thread that you would like moved to General Chat?

Welcome to the site, btw.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-16-14, 03:44 PM   #3
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
My favorite just bite the dust. Called Quest Guru. Iam going to miss it. =( It was clean and cool. Neat sounds from game whin you finished a quest.
10-16-14, 03:52 PM   #4
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kasca View Post
My favorite just bite the dust. Called Quest Guru. Iam going to miss it. =( It was clean and cool. Neat sounds from game whin you finished a quest.
Lazare has taken over QuestGuru and will be updating it. See the comments on the QuestGuru page.
10-16-14, 03:57 PM   #5
Be3f.
A Theradrim Guardian

Anything by Haleth.
10-17-14, 10:57 AM   #6
EleriaBurningBlade
A Defias Bandit
You got me Seerah! I couldn't think of anything to post but I wanted to post something! As it happens I had no UI addon because the one I was using no longer works. I just need something that allows me to move the bars around. I'mtrying bartender right now and seems ok. Of course, like anyone else, I like options and would like to try others.
10-17-14, 11:00 AM   #7
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

oUF and oUF Diablo. Most anything by Zork. oUF Abu is awesome if you want to retain the look of the Blizz UI. I use Diablo for my melee characters and Abu for my healer.

Also Bagnon.

Welcome to WoWI.
10-17-14, 11:25 AM   #8
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
I can't stand playing with the default UI frames, it just won't "work" for me, so: oUF_Phanx. I love how the buff system operates, it means I have access to vital information without unnecessary cruft.

Also, AdiBags because I am terrible at housekeeping. I get out of combat bag tunnel vision without an addon like that installed. I used to use Baggins and ArkInventory also.

And offcourse, Bartender / Dominos.
10-21-14, 11:53 PM   #9
EleriaBurningBlade
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!! Right now I'm testing out Bartender. So far it looks pretty good. Very simple...I like simple.
10-22-14, 05:35 AM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by EleriaBurningBlade View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!! Right now I'm testing out Bartender. So far it looks pretty good. Very simple...I like simple.
If you want "simple", try Dominos. If you have a problem you can't figure out, there's a wiki to help you out. The link to it is on the information page for Dominos.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
10-22-14, 06:09 AM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
If you want "simple", try Dominos. If you have a problem you can't figure out, there's a wiki to help you out. The link to it is on the information page for Dominos.
Dominos' configuration is awful... bunch of tiny boxes that you have to constantly click back and forth between because they each only show 5 options. Also, if your addon needs a wiki, it's either very poorly designed, or it's not simple.

@OP: If you're using Bartender and like it, just stick with it.
10-22-14, 09:20 AM   #12
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Dominos' configuration is awful... bunch of tiny boxes that you have to constantly click back and forth between because they each only show 5 options. Also, if your addon needs a wiki, it's either very poorly designed, or it's not simple.
@OP: If you're using Bartender and like it, just stick with it.
Phanx stop making Dominos bad! I love the small menu boxes that are exactly where you need them and they give you freedom too see the rest of your UI while config the bars not like Bartender where you have this big window with all the configs. About the Wiki - I have never used a Wiki for dominos lol but I guess every addon needs a wiki for some ppl that have never used a computer! Also Bartender still is not using Blizzards keybinds so the binds are gone if you disable the addon. But I agree if he is already using BT and he likes it then there is no reason to switch.

BTT my Favorite UI Addon is Inline Aura and Omnicc. I can play without every other addon but not without cooldown/Dot timers on my action buttons.
BTW I'm searching for someone to take over Inline Aura and/or help to fix it since the other addons that tryed to replace it are not as good as IA

Last edited by Tonyleila : 10-22-14 at 09:33 AM.
10-22-14, 10:18 AM   #13
Mazzop
A Cliff Giant
AdiButtonAuras is continuation/replacement of Inline Aura. I also cannot live without that functionality
10-22-14, 10:44 AM   #14
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Mazzop View Post
AdiButtonAuras is continuation/replacement of Inline Aura. I also cannot live without that functionality
There is no way this is ever going to replace IA.
Just an example: I loged into my rogue found out the addon dosen't track the debuff of Crimson Tempest on my target. Now what? I have tryed to go in the option of the spell (it already shows combo points) and I have tryed to create a user rule. But even with the little lua knowledge that I have I did not find a way to add it - and its not only this spell id say on every class about 10 of the spells are missing timers. I also did not find a way to move the text around on the buttons.

Inline Aura has this spell is already in the addon presettings but if there is anything missing its just easy:
/ia
press spells
select spell you have in your bar or in the spellbook
use user defined settings
enter spell id of buff on target or debuff or select it to display something if target is below x% or if despellable and change the effect that it displays for each spell etc etc.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 10-22-14 at 10:52 AM.
10-22-14, 11:03 AM   #15
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
There is no way this is ever going to replace IA.
Just an example: I loged into my rogue found out the addon dosen't track the debuff of Crimson Tempest on my target. Now what? I have tryed to go in the option of the spell (it already shows combo points) and I have tryed to create a user rule. But even with the little lua knowledge that I have I did not find a way to add it - and its not only this spell id say on every class about 10 of the spells are missing timers. I also did not find a way to move the text around on the buttons.

Inline Aura has this spell is already in the addon presettings but if there is anything missing its just easy:
/ia
press spells
select spell you have in your bar or in the spellbook
use user defined settings
enter spell id of buff on target or debuff or select it to display something if target is below x% or if despellable and change the effect that it displays for each spell etc etc.
Did you look at the Getting Started documentation for AdiButtonAuras?

Here's an especially interesting excerpt for your example:
But some of my buttons don't show any aura and in the options aren't even green!

AdiButtonAuras needs to know about the spell before it puts an aura on its button and unfortunatly there is still a lot of spells that have not been added to the list, if you see one which is not there but should please get in touch on Github issue tracker so it can be added.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
10-22-14, 12:09 PM   #16
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Did you look at the Getting Started documentation for AdiButtonAuras?

Here's an especially interesting excerpt for your example:
Thats the problem if the author dosen't have this classes and dosen't want to look at other addons or wowhead or the beta to find out the missing spells then I'm not going to make 40 tickets to add the missing spells thats why I updated Inline Auras with the missing spells myself by login to every class on the beta and remove/add the spells.
And since its for my UI I'm not confidence enoth to anyone that they will read wikis for all of the addons I use just to set up my ui.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 10-22-14 at 12:12 PM.
10-22-14, 12:22 PM   #17
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Phanx stop making Dominos bad!
No, you stop trying to make it good. I'm blind and easily distracted! I need all the options in one easily enlargable place!
10-22-14, 01:10 PM   #18
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Phanx, I tried Bartender first, and just about went nuts trying to set up my bars. Bartender has a giant, clunky (I think), options panel, and that is what drove me to change.

Dominos, on the other hand, has an option panel in the Blizzard AddOn panel - which is not complicated at all and has the basic options there. For configuring the bars, they are all right click option panels. You might think they are small (and hard to see) but my eyes are going bad (diabetic) quickly and I can still see them OK.

I guess I just like Dominos better and you just like Bartender (or one of the other bar addons, I'm not too sure, sorry) better. To each his, or her, own, I suppose.

P.S. Tuller (Dominos author) has a wiki for Dominos because there are things about it that are not immediately evident.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
10-22-14, 07:20 PM   #19
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
P.S. Tuller (Dominos author) has a wiki for Dominos because there are things about it that are not immediately evident.
There are also some undocumented features that some might like to know about.

@Tonyleila: You realize that the author of InlineAura is also the author of AdiButtonAuras?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-22-14, 08:32 PM   #20
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
@Tonyleila: You realize that the author of InlineAura is also the author of AdiButtonAuras?
Even if jesus was the author of both addons AdiButtonAuras is still S****
Its not user-friendly its like you woud replace Stuf Unit Frames or Shadowed Unit Frames with oUF. Its nice but you can't set it up right without lua xp.
IA was quit because the author dosen't want to update spells for all classes and specs but that was the best part of the addon.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Favorite UI Addon