03-11-09, 03:52 AM   #21
Soulcleaver
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
wow, p3lim if you are gonna make this in 2009, it's gonna be awsome! hope you make it work^^ and make it easy i mean friendly to use and stuff hehe.

heres some ideas^^

Make it to change the hp/mana and name to classcolor and stuff maybe make sharedmedia an "pluss" as it works with oUF? and name of em i mean p3luimminence(dunno ig thats correct writed xD)

heres a example

P3lim 80Elite 17k|17k

classcoloredname difficultylvl curhp|maxhp

see?

maybe u can make that a "doable" thing^^
03-11-09, 07:58 AM   #22
Fuzzywuzzy
A Black Drake

I think he has put this on hold for the time being, not 100% certain though.
03-11-09, 09:20 AM   #23
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

When (notice I said when, not 'if') I will make this layout I will make all strings made by tags, and maybe optionally support LibDogTag.

Yes, I have put this on hold until further notice.
03-14-09, 03:48 PM   #24
Luzzifus
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
That's a pity to hear.

However I have been working on an ingame configuration module for my very own oUF Layout (oUF_Nivaya) lately. It is not included in the current release yet, but so far it enables the user to reposition the frames and scale them and also allows most of my custom features to be turned on and off. It is load-on-demand and allows the user to update the layout without losing his personal settings. Before I will release a first version of this, I'd like to add some more options, e.g. using custom textures.

My first idea was something like yours too, but I've already decided to restrict the configuration possibilities to a degree where it will always have everything that makes my layout unique. So some basic customization only. Highest priority to things every end user obviously needs to do first, namely to resize and reposition the frames. Also, for repositioning I am trying to keep one of oUFs big strengths: the anchoring possibilities. I only allow to freely move the player-, party- and raidframes, everything else is configurably anchored to those.

The reason for that simplicity is, I love oUF being as small and still as strong in features as it is. As someone using some kind of general configuration module I would always feel somehow restricted in what I can do ingame and for what I would still have to work the code. And by changing the code I can always do more than with any ingame configurable layout I can imagine.

More over this I love the creativity of all the layout writers. Every layout has its own personal feeling and thoughts behind it and its very own particular usefulness. This is something that would atleast partially be lost.

Still I'd love to see your idea / project come to life. Particularly I am really interested in how configurable it can be. So way to go!

Last edited by Luzzifus : 03-14-09 at 03:59 PM.
03-15-09, 07:03 PM   #25
Sojik
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

What if you made a GUI and plugin that allowed layout creators to define elements within their layout that can be changed in game and saved to saved variables? Just a thought.
03-15-09, 07:53 PM   #26
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
When (notice I said when, not 'if') I will make this layout I will make all strings made by tags, and maybe optionally support LibDogTag.

Please Dont, because dogtags is a big memory and cpu hog.

just create an interface to add new tags and the related events to the already existing oUF.Tags && oUF.TagEvents tables.

btw sub sub sub sub pages in the default config ui....entirely possible.

i'm doing it now.

Main Layout
http://github.com/airtonix/ouf_smee2/tree/30000.003
http://github.com/airtonix/ouf_smee2...tree/30000.003

RaidFrames (no config yet)
http://github.com/airtonix/ouf_smeegrid/tree/master

Required Tags for both
http://github.com/airtonix/ouf_tags/tree/master
03-16-09, 09:21 AM   #27
Luzzifus
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by Luzzifus View Post
However I have been working on an ingame configuration module for my very own oUF Layout (oUF_Nivaya) lately. It is not included in the current release yet, but so far it enables the user to reposition the frames and scale them and also allows most of my custom features to be turned on and off. It is load-on-demand and allows the user to update the layout without losing his personal settings.
A first version is included in the latest release, feel free to try it and give feedback. ^^
07-21-09, 07:55 PM   #28
Horrid
A Fallenroot Satyr
oUF_p4lim, simple but effective lol
07-25-09, 09:22 AM   #29
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Not really, p3lim is based on the name of my first char, Pelim.

Anyways, this project is discontinued

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF Custom (working name)