05-17-13, 08:44 PM   #1
Spawnova
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GetNumGuildMembers problem

I'm using GetNumGuildMembers to return the number on online members but for some reason it returns less then who is online

Wowpedia says argument1 returns total members and argument2 returns who is actually online but argument2 does not return the correct value, interesting enough if i add an argument3 like so:

_,_,1 = GetNumGuildMembers() it does return the correct value

So my question is this. Is wowpedia/wowwikki not updated on this or am I missing something?
05-17-13, 09:15 PM   #2
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Spawnova View Post
I'm using GetNumGuildMembers to return the number on online members but for some reason it returns less then who is online

Wowpedia says argument1 returns total members and argument2 returns who is actually online but argument2 does not return the correct value, interesting enough if i add an argument3 like so:

_,_,1 = GetNumGuildMembers() it does return the correct value

So my question is this. Is wowpedia/wowwikki not updated on this or am I missing something?
I've always gotten correct values if I listen for GUILD_ROSTER_UPDATE and then wait a second or two before calling GetNumGuildMembers.

If you need to force an update and retrieve updated guild information from the server you can call GuildRoster(), which will subsequently cause GUILD_ROSTER_UPDATE to fire when new information is retrieved. Only use this when necessary, however, as it is a server request and will cause a minor game freeze.
05-17-13, 09:34 PM   #3
Spawnova

Still returns incorrect value. I use this macro to test

/run local _,i = GetNumGuildMembers(); print(i)

But why is it that a third argument always returns the correct value?
05-17-13, 09:42 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Found this line in Blizzard_GuildRoster.lua
Lua Code:
  1. local totalMembers, onlineMembers, onlineAndMobileMembers = GetNumGuildMembers()
which is just what I figured.

You're not paying attention to whether they're actually online or just in chat through battle.net.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-17-13, 09:46 PM   #5
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Found this line in Blizzard_GuildRoster.lua
Lua Code:
  1. local totalMembers, onlineMembers, onlineAndMobileMembers = GetNumGuildMembers()
which is just what I figured.

You're not paying attention to whether they're actually online or just in chat through battle.net.
Clever girl
05-17-13, 09:47 PM   #6
Spawnova

Ah! thanks that makes sense now

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » GetNumGuildMembers problem