06-01-13, 07:16 AM   #1
Voragaz
A Murloc Raider
protected functions/secure actionbuttonhandler

Hi!

A while back blizzard made some changes to protected functions, seemingly making the old joinbattlefield() and joinarena() functions unuseable.

My question is if anyone know of a way to work around these limitations, preferably in xml? I'm trying to make a simple addon for auto-queueing random battlegrounds and arenas with the click of an xml-button (i.e <OnClick>functionx;</OnClick> which will point to a lua function holding the queueing macros/commands).

Thanks much in advance!
06-01-13, 12:18 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It depends on how protected the functions are, whether they're just restricted to hardware events or require secure code. I haven't tested these functions as I don't play PvP. I would suggest writing the code out to work off the OnClick handler in case it's just restricted to hardware events. If it doesn't work, I'm afraid it cannot be done as none of the queuing functions are linked to a slash command or applicable SecureActionButton command. As a last ditch effort, you might just have to try using the /click slash command on the button used to join either queue.
06-01-13, 09:23 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

I believe the battleground queue/join functions are now completely protected, and cannot be called by addons at all. At the very least, they require a hardware event.

Blizzard made these changes some time back for the express purpose of preventing auto-queueing, so you're unlikely to find a workaround. Even if you do, the moment Blizzard finds out about it they will break it, possibly to the detriment of other addons that aren't doing things Blizzard doesn't want them doing, so you should probably just not try.
06-02-13, 01:08 AM   #4
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Because the number of bots in battlegrounds is too damn high.

Anyway i think i could make a workaround, but rather not share it.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » protected functions/secure actionbuttonhandler