12-29-11, 11:35 PM   #21
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, very weird, that was one thing that could be checked by myself that it appeared in the movers. I just couldn't test with the button actually appearing in dungeons.

Edit: Okay, reverted back to the 5.07.21 version with the nUI_Button and nUI_UnitPower fixes applied and the bar mover appears in the /nui movers screen as this screenshot shows. It did take me a while to find it amongst all those movers though rofl.

Just realised that the nUI_Button fix post wasn't in my signature link ... although it shouldn't have made a difference to it appearing but added it now and heres a link to it anyway.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...9&postcount=21
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_123011_055302.jpg
Views:	734
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	6680  

Last edited by Xrystal : 12-30-11 at 12:08 AM.

12-30-11, 12:15 PM   #22
twizt3dkitty
A Cliff Giant

I did not have the button fix applied, testing that now.

*edit* no dice
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/9...3011131713.jpg

Last edited by twizt3dkitty : 12-30-11 at 12:22 PM.

12-30-11, 02:21 PM   #23
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, very weird. And that is definitely the latest copy of my plugin ?

Do you have the tutorial alerts frame in the movers screen ?

If not, double check my plugin code you have and see if the two frames are listed at the top of the lua file.

As you can see I have a lot more mover frames on screen than you do which is a bit worrying if we're both using 5.07.21 and my plugin.

12-30-11, 04:35 PM   #24
Seer
A Molten Giant
Might be cause of wtf / settings file and that needs to be deleted? (nUI.lua I suppose)

12-31-11, 12:06 AM   #25
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
maybe seer

01-13-12, 07:58 AM   #26
wacko1
A Cyclonian
since the heroic will button still isnt working in 5.07.24 is there anyway to enable xrystals fix ( which works perfectly ) without reverting back to 5.07.21.

i really want those fixes with cd's in the latest nui+ but i cant play without the heroic will button , so for now im still using 5.07.21 + fix.

i know i can make the macro scott pointed out.

but i alrdy have so many buttons and macros.

offtopic:
scott could u set the mouseover for debuffs on true as default ( never understood why this isnt on as default) i always edit the lua so i can see what debuff i got in the hud.

01-13-12, 05:33 PM   #27
spiel2001
nUI's Author

No... the problem is that for a lot of people, those being on annoys them because they can't see the "hidden" buttons but they are still on the field of play which means you can't click things that are under the button you can't see... that's why they got changed to be non-clickable by default.

As for the extra action button, again... it's a really easy fix for now... just make the macro '/click ExtraActionButton1' and put it on the action bar... problem solved until I can find a permanent fix... just use the command '/macro' to open the macro window, create a new macro, type that in, then drag the icon onto the action bar and you're golden.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-14-12, 05:24 PM   #28
twizt3dkitty
A Cliff Giant

I used the two macros used to enable and disable the blizzard frame, havnt run DS yet, may jump in LFR to see if it works, but here is what Im using

Code:
#showtooltip Heroic Will
/run local b=ExtraActionButton1 b:SetParent(UIParent) b:SetPoint("CENTER",0,-170) b:Show()
This Shows the Blizz Frame, note you may need to alter the 170 value to your preferences based on how your UI is setup. A lower value moves the bar higher, a greater value moves it lower.

Code:
#showtooltip Heroic Will
/run local b=ExtraActionButton1 b:SetParent(UIParent) b:SetPoint("CENTER",0,-170) b:Hide()
This will Hide the Blizz frame.

Keep in mind you need to hit this while OUT OF COMBAT. Im also not sure if the tooltip will show up or not.

*code borrowed and modified from Detritis *
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...66&postcount=6

01-16-12, 12:16 AM   #29
Detritis
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by twizt3dkitty View Post
Keep in mind you need to hit this while OUT OF COMBAT. Im also not sure if the tooltip will show up or not.

*code borrowed and modified from Detritis *
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...66&postcount=6
Indeed, this does infact work as intended and it does show the tooltip, verified in both Ultraxion and Madness of Deathwing fights. As stated if you try run this macro while in combat you get a tainted message from blizzard and it doesn't show the frame, so you would have to run Scott's little macro instead.

01-16-12, 12:35 PM   #30
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
That macro is similar to my little plugin. The only difference in being that I don't offset the center positioning but add it to the mover system allowing the user to position it. It really is starting to look like the fact that Scott is attaching the frame to another one it messes it up at some point. Perhaps blizz is hiding the frames that nUI is anchoring the new frame to and thus hiding the new frame at the same time.

01-16-12, 06:06 PM   #31
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah... there's some strange fiddly stuff going on behind the scenes. I *think* it's tied to frame animations. I just haven't nailed it down yet.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

03-22-12, 05:03 PM   #32
wacko1
A Cyclonian
well i fixed it by installing nui 5.07.24+ with the */plugins/movers.lua from 5.07.21 with xrystal fix.

so now i got the latest nui with a working button.

i know its a workaround but atleast everything scott fixed is doing now what its supposed to do.

until scott can figure out what is going wrong with the stupid button.

03-22-12, 06:04 PM   #33
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well hopefully that will help Scott identify what differences are in between the movers.lua files between the versions that are causing the problem. Although I suspect it is to do with anchoring.

03-27-12, 09:01 PM   #34
twizt3dkitty
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by wacko1 View Post
well i fixed it by installing nui 5.07.24+ with the */plugins/movers.lua from 5.07.21 with xrystal fix.

so now i got the latest nui with a working button.

i know its a workaround but atleast everything scott fixed is doing now what its supposed to do.

until scott can figure out what is going wrong with the stupid button.
that was a good idea, xcrystals mod allowed you to move the button around too correct? This would eliminate the need for the 2 macros I use, however I have since moved this button to the left side of my screen. So id like it moveable

yea reread the last few posts, it does make it movable

*edit*
Wacko did you actually test this in Raid Finder or a DS run? I just changed the movers.lua to the .21 version, installed the plugin and yes I was able to see the frame, moved it to where I wanted it, jumped in RF, and after Ultra trash, yes the frame and button popped up, but it was not clickable, as in clicking it did nothing. Luckily you dont die in RF, so the next time I hit the origional (short /click extra.....) macro and this still worked, but now i could see the gcd go off on the button in the frame. tried it one last time and actually stopped dpsing... no dice.. button deff did not work. going back to .24 movers.lua and uninstalling plugin for now, I like my macros that show the graphics and they still seem to work fine for the time being.

Last edited by twizt3dkitty : 03-27-12 at 09:41 PM.

03-28-12, 12:57 AM   #35
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
thanks twizdt.

What about with the 21 version and my plugin ? I believe that was the version in existence when the other posts were made.

03-28-12, 08:45 PM   #36
twizt3dkitty
A Cliff Giant

you can call me kitty to avoid confusion about pronunciation of twizt3d (twisted) any last i checked it didnt work for me, but that was a few months ago, i like my macros, they work for me right now. but ill give it a look tomorrow. If you get a chance could you take a look at my last post int he custom layouts forum crystal?

04-10-12, 12:22 AM   #37
daroz
A Kobold Labourer
Just a quick bump. Tested on a clean .27 nUI and no button for Ultraxion.

04-16-12, 12:23 AM   #38
Tyriael
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by daroz View Post
Just a quick bump. Tested on a clean .27 nUI and no button for Ultraxion.
yeah, i get this too, you have to make a "click extra action button 1" macro until it gets fixed.

04-17-12, 09:23 AM   #39
wacko1
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by twizt3dkitty View Post
that was a good idea, xcrystals mod allowed you to move the button around too correct? This would eliminate the need for the 2 macros I use, however I have since moved this button to the left side of my screen. So id like it moveable

yea reread the last few posts, it does make it movable

*edit*
Wacko did you actually test this in Raid Finder or a DS run? I just changed the movers.lua to the .21 version, installed the plugin and yes I was able to see the frame, moved it to where I wanted it, jumped in RF, and after Ultra trash, yes the frame and button popped up, but it was not clickable, as in clicking it did nothing. Luckily you dont die in RF, so the next time I hit the origional (short /click extra.....) macro and this still worked, but now i could see the gcd go off on the button in the frame. tried it one last time and actually stopped dpsing... no dice.. button deff did not work. going back to .24 movers.lua and uninstalling plugin for now, I like my macros that show the graphics and they still seem to work fine for the time being.
yes i did test it and its working flawless.

06-20-12, 07:50 PM   #40
Rol1
A Cyclonian
Still hard to find

I'm having trouble finding Heroic Will button do i need that mover plugin

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Problem with Icon Herioc Will or lack off it