03-02-06, 04:44 PM   #1
shiner421
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Make sure you read the installation instructions

I was having a lot of trouble getting this program to run, then I read the program requirements, and it turns out I didnt have all the programs needed to make this program run. Makes me feel dumb Lol

Last edited by shiner421 : 03-02-06 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Solved my own problem
03-02-06, 04:53 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Start here. Installation requirements. And, take a deep breath, count to 10.

You are aware that this program is to help you code a UI, right? You have a thorough working knowledge of the LUA scripting language? You know how to work with XML elements? etc and so on ...
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
03-02-06, 05:03 PM   #3
shiner421
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
wow UI designer

Ok, I have folowwed the installation instructions implicitly. I installed windows installer 3.1, then .net v1.1, then .net v2.0, then the other 2 files listed on this forum. And it still does not run, keeps saying I dont have .net v2.0. So, I dont know why it wont work, as far as I am concerned if it dont work after all the effort I have put in, then I say the programmers need to learn to package their product better. learn how to include all the files needed to make the program run. I am so sick of amature programmers that dont know how to properly package their program.
03-02-06, 05:11 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
shiner421, considering the number of people who are successfully able to run this program, myself included, I think you need to reconsider your statements. Obviously the problem is not on the end of the "amature programmer" that created the program.

Now, instead of baseless flaming (which by the way will get you banned from this board if you persist, consider this your warning) perhaps you could explain precisely the steps you have taken and precisely the problems you are experiencing. Does it just close? Does it not start at all? Does it crash your entire system? Do you get BSoD? "It doesn't work" tells us jack squat. It's incredibly (read impossible) to help someone that gives us no information from which to work.
03-05-06, 09:35 PM   #5
Nulkris
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cool

boo, I was away and missed the flaming
03-05-06, 10:55 PM   #6
shiner421
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yea, I was a bit frustrated at the time I wrote that, I should have relaxed before I posted. sorry
03-05-06, 11:09 PM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thank you shiner421, it takes a big person to come back, admit they were wrong and apologize.
03-17-06, 10:49 AM   #8
Chaze
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by shiner421
Ok, I have folowwed the installation instructions implicitly. I installed windows installer 3.1, then .net v1.1, then .net v2.0, then the other 2 files listed on this forum. And it still does not run, keeps saying I dont have .net v2.0.
Still having this problem? Stupid solution, but did you restart your computer? Also, check for updates. If all else fails, uninstall and reinstall. Still no luck? Go on a linux forum and flame M$, it'll make you feel better.

Comments, suggestions, bug reports, ideas, and answers provided by Chaze are provided solely by Chaze.
Mazzlefizz is completely not responsible for anything Chaze may say or do, and rarely can get him to shut up.
Please take anything he says with a grain of salt until whatever it may be can be verified. Caydiem is gone.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » wow UI designer doesnt work at all, despite what everyone says