10-20-10, 02:16 AM   #1
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Favorite quotes

I did a search for this but couldn't find any posts like this. If there is one it's very old and it would be a shameful bump :P

Anyway ... What is your favorite quote? From anything, someone in a game, a real person or from the internet or IRC.

Mine:
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers turning in their graves.
- IRC Quote.

10-20-10, 02:33 AM   #2
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Kumar Patel: So you get high and you put other people who smoke weed in jail?
George W. Bush: DUH!
Kumar Patel: That's so hypocritical!
George W. Bush: Oh yeah? Well let me ask you something, Kumar, do you like giving hand jobs?
Kumar Patel: No sir.
George W. Bush: Do you like gettin' hand jobs?
Kumar Patel: [smirking] Heh, yeah.
George W. Bush: Yeah well, that makes you a ****in' hypocriticizer too, so shut the **** up! Now smoke my weed.

Captain Koons: The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any slopes gonna put their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.
10-20-10, 02:35 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." - George Carlin

I spotted it in a collection of comedy by George Carlin. He attributes it to Unknown. Though what little info I can find claims it was actually George that created it. So until I'm corrected I enjoy giving him credit.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-20-10, 05:10 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Castiel: (Into cell phone) This isn't funny Dean, the voice says I'm almost out of minutes!

Castiel's Voicemail Machine: I... I don't understand... Why do you want me to say my name? (sound of random phone buttons being pushed)

Dean: The secretary's name is Carly. She's 23, she kayaks, and they're real.
Sam: You didn't happen to ask her if she's seen any black dogs lately, did you?
(Dean hands over a list)
Dean: Every complaint called in this week about anything big, black or doglike. There's 19 calls in all. And, uh, I don't know what this is.
(hands Sam a post-it note; Sam laughs)
Sam: You mean Carly's MySpace address?
Dean: Yeah, MySpace, what the hell is that?
(Sam laughs again, a little incredulous)
Dean: Seriously, is that like some sort of **** site?
10-20-10, 05:29 AM   #5
Fodaro
A Cyclonian

See my signature. I try to keep to this when designing and writing my addons.
10-20-10, 09:23 AM   #6
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Here's a small selection of my favorites

"An engineer knows he is finished not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Unknown (heard in Civ 4)

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." - Nathan Fillion as Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds, Firefly

"Never argue with a woman or a cat." - Heinlein

"Overkill is underrated." - Liam Neeson as Col. Hannibal Smith, The A-Team

"There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'" - Rule #37, Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates

"It's better to copulate than never.", Robert A. Heinlein as Lazarus Long
10-20-10, 09:31 AM   #7
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
See my sig lol ty for idea seerah

Last edited by Ferous : 10-20-10 at 01:09 PM.
10-20-10, 12:47 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/me points to her sig
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-20-10, 01:01 PM   #9
Destrominos
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you. ~ George Carlin
10-20-10, 01:28 PM   #10
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

"How long could we maintain? I wondered. How long until one of us starts raving and jabbering at this boy? What will he think then? This same lonely desert was the last known home of the Manson family; will he make that grim connection when my attorney starts screaming about bats and huge manta rays coming down on the car? If so, well, we'll just have to cut his head off and bury him somewhere, 'cause it goes without saying that we can't turn him loose. He'd report us at once to some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency and they'll run us down like dogs. Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Raoul Duke: Fear and loathing
10-20-10, 01:39 PM   #11
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I have loads of quotes, but for the sake of this forum post I'm gonna limit myself to my all-time favorite and IMO extremely talented Heath Ledger. May he rest in peace.

“I only do acting because I'm having fun. The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away.”

“If you'll just be safe about the choices you make, you don't grow.”

“When I die, my money's not gonna come with me. My movies will live on for people to judge what I was as a person. I just want to stay curious.” (this one is painfully ironic)

“Fame and celebrity is so insignificant. In the grand scale of things, there have been so many before who have been in this position. I'm just another one. Life is so short. It's like we're already gone, really, in retrospect.”

“When anything is blocking my head or there's worry in my life, I just go sit on Mars or something and look back here at Earth. All you can see is this tiny speck. You don't see the fear. You don't see the pain. You don't see thought. It's just one solid speck. Then nothing really matters. It just doesn't.”

And I can't help but add some Joker ones, not technically him but I like to believe he's the one that created them.

“Madness is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!”

“In their last moments, people show you who they really are.”

“Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stranger.”

“The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.”

“Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!”

“Their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. When the chips are down, these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.”

“If you're good at something, never do it for free.”

“I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it. I just do things. Schemers try to control their little worlds. I'm not a schemer. I try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are.”

I just had to end this (unnecessarily but whatevs) long post with...

“Why so serious? Let's put a smile on that face!”
10-20-10, 02:07 PM   #12
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Destrominos View Post
Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you. ~ George Carlin
This guy is so good too. Personally it baffles and sickens me that religion is still such a huge part of the world we live in.
10-20-10, 02:39 PM   #13
Destrominos
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
Personally it baffles and sickens me that religion is still such a huge part of the world we live in.
I could not have put that any better.
10-22-10, 09:07 AM   #14
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Born in lust, turn to dust.
Born in vice, say it twice.
Born in sin... come on in.

'Tis from Storm of the Century, though I don't recall the name of the character that says it. 'Twas the antagonist of the miniseries.

10-23-10, 02:32 PM   #15
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
This guy is so good too. Personally it baffles and sickens me that religion is still such a huge part of the world we live in.
I'm not trying to turn this into a religion debate, but why does it sicken you? I'm not a religious person myself but I really don't see the problem with believing in God or Buddha or whatever people believe in. I just fail to see what could be so sickening.
10-28-10, 07:15 AM   #16
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

"It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"It is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succour of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till. What weather they shall have is not ours to rule." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"The road must be trod, but it will be very hard. And neither strength nor wisdom will carry us far upon it. This quest may be attempted by the weak with as much hope as the strong. Yet it is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: Small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." -Friedrich Nietzsche

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
10-31-10, 02:08 PM   #17
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
"People suck. Persons are frequently okay, but people suck." - My daughter
10-31-10, 05:14 PM   #18
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Oh my god, Cairenn, that's CLASSIC! *laughing*
10-31-10, 05:41 PM   #19
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I use it alllllll the time now.
11-04-10, 08:12 AM   #20
Cyn325
A Theradrim Guardian

"Nobody's perfect"
"Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids" (must be a parent to fully understand that one)
and the classic "Golden Rule" of "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Favorite quotes