04-02-09, 08:07 PM   #1
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
World Map

Whenever I click M to open the World Map the game locks up and I cannot exit, alt tab or anything. I have to do a hard reboot to get started again. Fresh install firs time user with version 3.001 English Client

After posting my report I decided to look into the possibility of a addon conflict. After systematically turning some off and relogging I narrowed it down to Daily Quest Tracker. This is most unfortunate as I rate DQT as a essential addon and a must have. If I had a choice I would keep DQT. Perhaps someone would look into this and see if Caronite and DQT can make them work nice together.

I will also post the list of adds refered to in the Carbonite FAQ regarding compatibility.

Compatibility - These are the addons that we have used or users have given us a report on.

OK
Ark Inventory
Atlas
Auctioneer (full suite)
Cartographer
CTMod
Damage Meters
DHUD
Gatherer
GatherMate
LightHeaded
MobInfo-2
Recipe Radar
SmartBuff
Titan
WIM
X-Perl

Replaces (these may conflict with Carbonite features)
Quest Helper
TomTom

Problems
Arcanum - Lag moving inventory items
beql - Errors turning in quests. Conflicts with our quest log.
Cartographer (3?) - reports of it showing BLAH on the screen.
GuildMap - Map flicker.
OneBag, OneBank - Reported errors opening bank. Works in our testing of latest version.
MetaMap - Zone selection conflicts between maps

Questing or quest log changing addons will probably conflict with our questing features. Disable these types of addons to resolve the conflicts.

I re-examined the conflict and I narrowed it down even further. I disabled the Carbonite World map option and used the Blizzard world map instead and the conflict stops.

Last edited by Xylan Trueheart : 04-03-09 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Refined look

04-04-09, 01:34 AM   #2
Clark
A Murloc Raider
Disable the "Points of Interest" option in DQT. This workaround fixes it completely.

04-04-09, 07:12 PM   #3
Xylan Trueheart
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thank you Clark for pointing that out, it works. I think something was done in 3.0 as users of 2.59 and DQT never had this problem before until 3.0 came out.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » World Map