08-13-14, 07:31 PM   #1
emiaee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
TidyPlates with Classic Blizzard Plates?

Yesterday while I was experimenting with Tidy Plates Neon, when I set the Tidy Plates bar to Blizzard the DOTs and Combo points remained on the enemy healthplates whereas the theme was returned to blizzard classic health plates. When I reloaded the UI however it was gone.

Is there anyway to have Tidy Plates this way? Because I like the sleek way the debuff track and combo points on tidy plates and I like the classic blizzard healthplates. It happened until I reloaded my UI and now I'm unable to do it again but experts here might have a solution or idea!

Thank you for your time!
08-13-14, 07:39 PM   #2
emiaee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I actually could bug tidyplates again and perform it as well. Below you will find two screen shots.

Screenshot 1 shows the exact thing I asked for:
http://i.imgur.com/qKIFt88.jpg

Screenshot 2 shows that the plates are bugged:
http://i.imgur.com/MspJsY4.jpg

If I can find a way to keep things like in screenshot 1 without being bugged I would be so happy! thank you
08-14-14, 12:02 AM   #3
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not sure if Tidy Plates: ClassicPlates is close enough to what you're looking for.
08-14-14, 01:18 AM   #4
emiaee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jeruku View Post
Not sure if Tidy Plates: ClassicPlates is close enough to what you're looking for.
I've looked into it in my search but unfortunately no
08-15-14, 12:03 PM   #5
emiaee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Can I edit the Lua? By this question you understand that all my Lua inforamtion is based on google and copy paste.
08-15-14, 01:14 PM   #6
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by emiaee View Post
Can I edit the Lua? By this question you understand that all my Lua inforamtion is based on google and copy paste.
Can one edit the Lua? Well that depends on ones skill in coding in Lua.
May one edit the Lua? Yes, Blizzard made it very clear that anyone should be able to edit the code of the addons availabe. BUT depending on the license of an addon that license may be the only thing stopping one from redistributing that addon with their code inside.

I would imagine that if one rented a home, your lease may not prohibit you from remodeling but it would restrict you from reselling the home.

In other words... copy/paste/delete to your hearts content, just don't step on anyone's toes.
08-15-14, 05:11 PM   #7
emiaee
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by jeruku View Post
Can one edit the Lua? Well that depends on ones skill in coding in Lua.
May one edit the Lua? Yes, Blizzard made it very clear that anyone should be able to edit the code of the addons availabe. BUT depending on the license of an addon that license may be the only thing stopping one from redistributing that addon with their code inside.

I would imagine that if one rented a home, your lease may not prohibit you from remodeling but it would restrict you from reselling the home.

In other words... copy/paste/delete to your hearts content, just don't step on anyone's toes.
so if i somehow find out to do so, it is possible to make the tidy plates hub work with classic blizz healthplates?
08-15-14, 05:27 PM   #8
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It sounds like you don't want tidy plates, you want buffs and combo points on the default nameplates, which you should be able to do with the new and improved JamPlates Accessories addon.

Last edited by semlar : 08-16-14 at 04:09 AM.
08-16-14, 12:47 AM   #9
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Renamed NamePlateComboPoints to JamPlates Accessories to accommodate some changes AND because the old name was generic. Because now it's jam-packed with goodness on every plate.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » TidyPlates with Classic Blizzard Plates?