01-13-09, 04:35 PM   #1
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
BT4 Custom states help

Ok so ive been playing a little with macros recently (and not doing amazingly well) and i read that the bt4 custom states are based on the macro API with a few additions for things like fading. Ive gotten most of the things i want to work but i cant seem to figure out how to get this last presumably simple function to work.

What i want to do is have a bar hide (its really just a single button) when a skill isnt available and show when it is. Basically i ALWAYS miss when my rune strike is available on my DK so im hoping i can set this bar to hide when its not available and show when it is. this way i can put it in a very obvious place so when it pops up i notice it. After reading through and searching all the cources i could think of (and google searching) i couldnt get a fix on it.

Not entirely sure if this is possible so even a simple not possible (if thats the case) would be appreciated.

Edit: I may also be looking at the wrong section of the addon. it could also be a custom conditional in the visibility section. **goes mildly insane**

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 01-13-09 at 04:37 PM.
01-13-09, 07:30 PM   #2
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

That's a tough question really, I'm not really sure if that would be possible at all with states, since it uses macro conditionals, and as far as I know there are no conditionals that check a spell.
01-13-09, 11:45 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Correct. You can't check if a spell is available or not.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-14-09, 01:21 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Bummer. Guess ill just have to place it somewhere obvious and have it only show in combat. thanks for the replies folks. Atleast it wont be driving me crazy any more hehe.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-14-09, 03:39 AM   #5
Wraanger
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
just make a bunch of macros ... like

#show Blood Strike
/cast Rune Strike
/cast Blood Strike

and use it in place of your normal strikes. Not advisable to macro Rune Strike to other rune dumps. ie, only macro it to your melee abilities ...
01-14-09, 11:22 AM   #6
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Never been a big fan of stacking abilities like that in a macro. I did something similar on my warrior and I ended up putting conditional abilities like these on a separate bar. With the new custom states bit in BT4 i was hoping to try something new.

Very much appreciate the offer though.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » BT4 Custom states help