07-26-13, 10:17 PM   #2461
high55555
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hey Nib,

just a little reminder regarding the aura tracking bug with restoration druids. You know the blank aura field.

Regards

07-26-13, 10:26 PM   #2462
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Nib, updating to R8 won't change my custom changes I've done to the tanking and healing grid will it?

07-26-13, 10:41 PM   #2463
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
Nib, updating to R8 won't change my custom changes I've done to the tanking and healing grid will it?
Only to those settings listed in the Change Log (corner-bottom-left indicator, and border indicator), and only if you click Accept on applying Minipatch changes.

07-26-13, 11:13 PM   #2464
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Only to those settings listed in the Change Log (corner-bottom-left indicator, and border indicator), and only if you click Accept on applying Minipatch changes.
Oh ok. As long as its just those settings then im fine with it. By the way Nib, the last boss in Throne of Thunder is a boss called Ra-Den. When you enter his room a message pops up at the top of the screen that lists the 30 attempts you have, to kill the boss before you run out of attempts and he disappears. Im pretty sure this shares the same anchor as the flag carrier message in a BG for example. Its off center by a lot. The person who has a flag in a BG also gets his own little unit frame to the middle right of the screen it looks like, and its not skinned or anything. Worth a look.

Glad your back.

Gloks

07-27-13, 02:19 AM   #2465
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thanks for 8r8.

07-27-13, 10:18 AM   #2466
Equelibrium
An Aku'mai Servant
The latest patch puts all chat on the left frame for all new toons. Any chance of reverting to how it was before? I liked having the loot and rep stuff on the right side

07-27-13, 10:28 AM   #2467
Ruvengaard
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Xyrm View Post
one thing it flat out doesn't do (at least clearly) is demonstrate whether an ability is interruptable or not. No matter what, the enemy cast bar is always red, instead of being blue when it should be able to be kicked.

As such, I've had to disable yours and use quartz instead, but I think this would be an important feature for UI.
if you look in the appearance section of the configuration menu you should be able to untick "Use Global" and set your own color for interruptible spells.

For some reasons it works for me but only partly. Actually, it doesn't change the color based on whether it's interruptible or not but based on whether it uses "use global" tick.

That might be a bug. I tried to change the color but even when it is not interuptible it doesn't change color, it simply uses the custom color defined in place of the class color.

Nib, I tried to put prints in nibRealUI\Hud\CastBars.lua in the event function SpellCastInterruptible and SpellCastNotInterruptible but they never get printed. Possibly I did something wrong or these events (UNIT_SPELLCAST_INTERRUPTIBLE and UNIT_SPELLCAST_NOT_INTERRUPTIBLE) are never thrown.

Take care,
Ruven.

07-27-13, 11:21 AM   #2468
Soliah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi Nib,
Thanks a lot for your compilation, it saved me so many hours.

I'm very pleased with the auras under your cast bar, right on my face every time. But I can't figure how to have the "Tempus Repit" (from Sinister Primal Diamond) in this bar. I managed to have some proc from trinket, but this one...
I configured this as a buff from a trinket, it actually appears in the bar with the correct grey icon, but it never occurs when the proc is up. It stands grey
Do you know how I can change that ?

In addition, grid doesn't seem to switch when I go from dps to heal, but in the other direction it does. Can't figure out why either. If you have any clue...

Didn't find both answers in the forum, I hope they weren't here, otherwise I'm sorry.

Regards

07-27-13, 01:50 PM   #2469
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Soliah View Post
Hi Nib,
Thanks a lot for your compilation, it saved me so many hours.

I'm very pleased with the auras under your cast bar, right on my face every time. But I can't figure how to have the "Tempus Repit" (from Sinister Primal Diamond) in this bar. I managed to have some proc from trinket, but this one...
I configured this as a buff from a trinket, it actually appears in the bar with the correct grey icon, but it never occurs when the proc is up. It stands grey
Do you know how I can change that ?

In addition, grid doesn't seem to switch when I go from dps to heal, but in the other direction it does. Can't figure out why either. If you have any clue...

Didn't find both answers in the forum, I hope they weren't here, otherwise I'm sorry.

Regards
Try using 137590 as the Spell ID for Tempus Repit.

As for Grid, only reason I can see that it would do that is if you've unticked Layout under RealUI Control / AddOn Control settings.

07-27-13, 02:02 PM   #2470
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by high55555 View Post
Hey Nib,

just a little reminder regarding the aura tracking bug with restoration druids. You know the blank aura field.

Regards
Only way I can test this atm is on the PTR (and it's INSANELY buggy atm when it comes to addons) but I haven't been able to replicate it. Can you provide any details as to when/how it happens?

07-27-13, 04:10 PM   #2471
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Equelibrium View Post
The latest patch puts all chat on the left frame for all new toons. Any chance of reverting to how it was before? I liked having the loot and rep stuff on the right side
I have never seen the chat frame on the right - it has always been on the left for me. Could it have been a setting left-over from another UI, perhaps ElvUI?

EDIT: I tried it out and created a Loot window just beside Skada. I like it. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited by Anj : 07-27-13 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Tried it out.

07-27-13, 04:42 PM   #2472
Soliah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Try using 137590 as the Spell ID for Tempus Repit.

As for Grid, only reason I can see that it would do that is if you've unticked Layout under RealUI Control / AddOn Control settings.
Thanks for your very quick answer!

I was using the spell ID 137590 indeed, the string "Tempus Repit" wasn't working. This way I managed to get the grey icon (correct though, but always grey). I keep searching how to make this works, I'll get to you if I ever found a way. If anyone have an idea...

Nope, I didn't unticked anything since I'm pretty confident about how you managed every details! I'll try to figure out why it works in one way and not in another.

07-27-13, 05:14 PM   #2473
Ruvengaard
A Cyclonian
Just had this error while trying to use a quest item during my dailies on the thunder island :

Code:
2x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] L"AddOn "nibRealUI" a tenté d"appeler la fonction protégée "UseQuestLogSpecialItem()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:588: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:588>
<in C code>
FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:1400: in function "WatchFrameItem_OnClick"
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <string>:"*:OnClick":1

Locals:
nil
What should I do ?

take care,
Ruven.

07-27-13, 05:25 PM   #2474
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Thanks for your very quick answer!

I was using the spell ID 137590 indeed, the string "Tempus Repit" wasn't working. This way I managed to get the grey icon (correct though, but always grey). I keep searching how to make this works, I'll get to you if I ever found a way. If anyone have an idea...

Nope, I didn't unticked anything since I'm pretty confident about how you managed every details! I'll try to figure out why it works in one way and not in another.
Indicator settings set to Item and Buff?

Originally Posted by Ruvengaard View Post
Just had this error while trying to use a quest item during my dailies on the thunder island :

Code:
2x [ADDON_ACTION_FORBIDDEN] L"AddOn "nibRealUI" a tenté d"appeler la fonction protégée "UseQuestLogSpecialItem()".
!BugGrabber-r188\BugGrabber.lua:588: in function <!BugGrabber\BugGrabber.lua:588>
<in C code>
FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:1400: in function "WatchFrameItem_OnClick"
<string>:"*:OnClick":1: in function <string>:"*:OnClick":1

Locals:
nil
What should I do ?

take care,
Ruven.
Odd. My WatchFrame module no longer touches those buttons. Weird

07-27-13, 09:36 PM   #2475
Daagar
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Equelibrium View Post
As Anj said, this is a leftover from ElvUI or similar. I know that I always put it back too, as it feels strange to not have it after getting used to it being there

07-28-13, 03:20 AM   #2476
Sipsi
A Kobold Labourer
Hi!
I just yesterday installed RealUI 8, and yet I like it a lot. Only thing I need to ask is, that can I some how scale the whole HUD little bit bigger? I don't have very good eyesight so I'd like to have fonts and all just tiny bit bigger

07-28-13, 04:55 AM   #2477
Soliah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Indicator settings set to Item and Buff?
Here my settings for this buff : it appears with the correct name in the listing, so the spell ID seems correct. It appears in grey if I select the source from an "item", and only then.

According to other addons (WeakAura for instance), it seems the source is "unknown". But you can't configure "unknown" here, right? Raven detects it if I don't add the spell in the aura bars, so I don't understand.
Ofc, changing the lua to ["unit"] = "unknown" doesn't work, but it was worth a shot ^^

07-28-13, 12:07 PM   #2478
Jasmer
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Hey sorry if this has been asked already, does DXE come all set up now? c:

07-28-13, 02:29 PM   #2479
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Sipsi View Post
Hi!
I just yesterday installed RealUI 8, and yet I like it a lot. Only thing I need to ask is, that can I some how scale the whole HUD little bit bigger? I don't have very good eyesight so I'd like to have fonts and all just tiny bit bigger
/realui > Appearance > Font Style
You can also change the fonts themselves and their sizes under the Advanced Settings button located on that config panel, if you want non-pixel and larger fonts.

Here my settings for this buff : it appears with the correct name in the listing, so the spell ID seems correct. It appears in grey if I select the source from an "item", and only then.

According to other addons (WeakAura for instance), it seems the source is "unknown". But you can't configure "unknown" here, right? Raven detects it if I don't add the spell in the aura bars, so I don't understand.
Ofc, changing the lua to ["unit"] = "unknown" doesn't work, but it was worth a shot ^^
Ok, will get some logic added in for unknown sources on item buffs for next update.

Originally Posted by Jasmer View Post
Hey sorry if this has been asked already, does DXE come all set up now? c:
Mostly.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 07-28-13 at 04:18 PM.

07-28-13, 04:48 PM   #2480
Soliah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, will get some logic added in for unknown sources on item buffs for next update.
Ok, perfect! Thanks for your time!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI