04-04-09, 10:08 AM   #1
talljrock
A Kobold Labourer
Missing quest guidance

Everything in the new version seems OK except I cannot see any of the quest information on the map as I used to see. This includes the question marks for finished quests, the X's for items I need to find and the overlay for where I need to maybe kill mobs to loot items. This is all missing and I know that it was there before I upgraded because I just upgraded and earlier today and yesterday it was working fine. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, roll-back to the old version, install manually vs. through Wowmatrix, and checked all options within the add-on to see if there is something that was unchecked or checked by mistake and could not find anything. Could someone please advise as to what this problem could stem from. Thank you.

04-05-09, 09:02 AM   #2
Shezoe
A Kobold Labourer
i am having the same problem. The guides on the map work on one character but not on any of the others. i've checked all the settings repeatedly and even imported the settings from the one character they are still there for, but nothing works. i've even checked to see if she is not using a mod that the other characters are in case there's a conflict but she's using the same mods the other characters are. i'm baffled

04-05-09, 09:51 AM   #3
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
On your Quest Watch there is a green button (tooltip says "Show Quests On Map")

Make sure it is clicked (It will be a brighter green for on).

Hopefully this helps.

@talljrock

Just wanted to let you know that the use of Wowmatrix is generally not welcomed around here. The use of this program hurts sites like Curse and here. It basically a leech.

For a good read as to why .. please look at this thread.

04-05-09, 11:16 AM   #4
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by talljrock View Post
Everything in the new version seems OK except I cannot see any of the quest information on the map as I used to see. This includes the question marks for finished quests, the X's for items I need to find and the overlay for where I need to maybe kill mobs to loot items. This is all missing and I know that it was there before I upgraded because I just upgraded and earlier today and yesterday it was working fine. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, roll-back to the old version, install manually vs. through Wowmatrix, and checked all options within the add-on to see if there is something that was unchecked or checked by mistake and could not find anything. Could someone please advise as to what this problem could stem from. Thank you.
Make sure you are tracking all your quests (open the quest log and make sure they are all checked). If you were previously running Carbonite Quest some of your previous settings may have changed.

As mentioned above, you also need to make sure the green button (show quests on map) on the quest tracker toolbar is on.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Missing quest guidance