09-11-12, 11:39 AM   #1
Thrumbar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Wink Owners Assign a maintainer for Carbonite

Would, seeing that you are not active on WoW appoint a maintainer for the addon. This would allow it to be updated without surrendering any rights you currently have.

As incentive that maintainer can ask and receive donations for their work and can continue until you choose to revoke that authorization.

I ask you the rights holders to at least consider this idea and if you would reply to this to let me know if you have read this..

Thrumbar

09-11-12, 10:35 PM   #2
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Alright... lets take this one step at a time.

1) The authors have already responded to this topic about 50 times throughout the years. They will let the community know when they are done with the addon and if they want another person to take over the project. At this time, they do not want another person to take it over or work on their code.
2) Asking them to respond directly to you, who either ignored the other times they have said it, or have not even looked - is asking them to take even more time away from updating the addon to work, and/or their family and private time. Is this really a good idea?
3) I'm sure this is not just about the rights, but about it being their pet project, their legacy -- thus why they (and I would be in the same boat) do not want others modifying it or otherwise extracting directly from it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Owners Assign a maintainer for Carbonite