04-30-09, 04:35 AM   #1
Gorkilein
A Murloc Raider
Question Minimap transparent black

Hi!

I got a problem with 3.1 where the minimap was not showing the map contents but a transparent (maybe cause of the transparency setting) black circle.

If I moved the map the minimap was as it should with textures.

Outside it did not matter cause the Carbonite-Map was shining through.
If I moved indoors I could not see where I was at all cause I just got the black circle and arrow + e.g. Questionmarks of the questgivers.

Now with 3.1.1 it has texture as it should but sometimes and if I move indoors, the texture vanishes and I got the black circle back until I move outside again.

Any idea?

Besides that:
Best addon ever! Will donate as soon as I get my new credit card!

04-30-09, 02:34 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Minimap transparency does not work reliably in indoor areas. It will randomly change as you move around. Either a bug or optimization with how Blizzard renders it. That is why we set docked transparency to 1.0 and dock it, since it does not blend in with our map and we also do not know the scale of most indoor areas either.

05-01-09, 03:22 AM   #3
Gorkilein
A Murloc Raider
You are right, I changed Transparency of minimap after installing, but I changed it back and I also set minimap back to dock always wenn indoors but it does not show right again.

-------------------

OK now I figured out this only works if I do set the general Map window transparency to 1 as well (the one where you rightclick on the cross top right of the map, then at the bottom). Could this be a bug with this function? What sense does it make anyway? If one can set transparency of map and minimap, what sense makes the general transparency setting then.

2a.
My only problem now is, I cannot see the icons (POI etc) while minimap is maximized. Any workaround?

-------------------

Also I figured out:
If I do change settings on one char and then load the old settings from my other char it does not load them correctly (minimap docked scale in this case).
If I do export from the other char, it seems to work.

-------------------

4. When I do set the Map to a specific location and do a BG, it shows this map in another location. You should add an option to set ALL Maps to the selected location and setting for the normal map

Last edited by Gorkilein : 05-01-09 at 04:24 AM.

05-01-09, 11:39 PM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

All our windows have a general transparency setting and the map is a window. Probably any minimap transparency, however it got that way, can cause the render bug.

Minimap is maximized? You mean when it is "Full Size" in the Carb map? The whole point of that mode is to give you a big minimap, which does cover the Carb map, so no you would not be able to see POI icons.

Settings are saved in a few different ways. Not every type of data may be getting exported.

Each battleground map has a separate window position and size and view position, scale and follow you settings, which enables the map to be set a certain way for the different BGs. For instance, I have by AV map very tall and the other BGs map zoomed in so all the play area fills the map. Follow you is off by default, since I normally want to see everything in a BG.

05-02-09, 04:10 PM   #5
Gorkilein
A Murloc Raider
But if I load settings of another Char it shold really load these settings, but it doen not.

Map, here I meant:
Before transparency 1 I could see my path and POIs through the minimap in the carboniter map now the minimap covers the POI and path. This is especially bad if the minimap is nearly fulöl size of the carbonite map. Ths renders the great carbonite functions useless then. any workaround here? E.g. can on select the layer for path/poi to be on top of the minimap layer?

Another:
I Can`t use the questitems in the Questlist. I assume one needs to click them. Tried all variations but nothing works. How do I use them?

Last edited by Gorkilein : 05-02-09 at 04:21 PM.

05-03-09, 06:25 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Gorkilein View Post
Map, here I meant:
Before transparency 1 I could see my path and POIs through the minimap in the carboniter map now the minimap covers the POI and path. This is especially bad if the minimap is nearly fulöl size of the carbonite map. Ths renders the great carbonite functions useless then. any workaround here? E.g. can on select the layer for path/poi to be on top of the minimap layer?
My minimap is mostly transparent. It is set to .1. I can see through it just fine. The default 1 transparency is for when it is docked and the docked size should not be very big, unless you changed it.

I Can`t use the questitems in the Questlist. I assume one needs to click them. Tried all variations but nothing works. How do I use them?
I've used them many times, both by left clicking and the keybinding. I just tested it.

05-04-09, 07:29 AM   #7
Gorkilein
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
My minimap is mostly transparent. It is set to .1. I can see through it just fine. The default 1 transparency is for when it is docked and the docked size should not be very big, unless you changed it.
Ah ok so I misunderstood. Changing minimap to transparent if not docked is no problem? I thought any transparency is a problem. Thx.

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I've used them many times, both by left clicking and the keybinding. I just tested it.
Does not work for me. Must be a problem with another Addon then. Got a Dominos error some time ago, maybe it is Dominos related. Will check. Thx!

05-05-09, 12:12 AM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ah ok so I misunderstood. Changing minimap to transparent if not docked is no problem? I thought any transparency is a problem. Thx.
The transparency is only a problem in indoor areas. Outdoors it appears Blizzard generates the minimap differently and the transparency stays constant.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap transparent black