05-03-09, 06:36 AM   #1
Moldy
A Murloc Raider
Quest giver bug

i am currently working on my loremaster achievement and i have noticed something, my level 80 can not see quest givers in lower level areas. for example, i can go all over northrend and see the little quest icon on my map but if i go to loch modan, none show up. i do see them on my lower level alts within 15-20 levels of that zone from what i can tell but after that it doesnt show anymore.

05-03-09, 07:53 AM   #2
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Have you set the tracking option on the minimap (Blizzard not Carbonite) to track low-level quests? I did that on my tune that is chasing loremaster title.

05-03-09, 12:14 PM   #3
Moldy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mycroftxxx1 View Post
Have you set the tracking option on the minimap (Blizzard not Carbonite) to track low-level quests? I did that on my tune that is chasing loremaster title.
yes, it is the only way i am able to see if i have missed a quest, as it happens, i can fly around OL and see them just by the little exclimation point and the carbonite quest is here icon on the map. the problem is when i go to say burning steppes, my carbonite map only has the map, no quest is here icon.

05-03-09, 12:32 PM   #4
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I am not sure Carbonite implemented support to put low-level quests on the carbonite map. I know I can't see pale '!' on the old WoW continents. My pally is 51 and not yet into Outland or Northrend to see if it is behaving different there.

Best compromise I found so far was to move the Blizzard minimap out of Carbonite and still use that to get low-level quest givers.

05-03-09, 02:22 PM   #5
Moldy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mycroftxxx1 View Post
I am not sure Carbonite implemented support to put low-level quests on the carbonite map. I know I can't see pale '!' on the old WoW continents. My pally is 51 and not yet into Outland or Northrend to see if it is behaving different there.

Best compromise I found so far was to move the Blizzard minimap out of Carbonite and still use that to get low-level quest givers.
it has had that feature up to the most recent version (and it may still have it, but isnt able to show it for some reason), and i always run with my minimap undocked, makes it a little more cluttered but i prefer it that way.

05-03-09, 06:42 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite shows any quest giver that has any quest not marked as completed in the Carbonite quest history data. The Quest Giver Lower Levels To Show slider in the Watch List Priorities menu when set to 80 will not filter out any lower level quests.

That has nothing to do with the Blizzard Low Level Quest tracking icons on the minimap.

05-03-09, 11:19 PM   #7
Moldy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Carbonite shows any quest giver that has any quest not marked as completed in the Carbonite quest history data. The Quest Giver Lower Levels To Show slider in the Watch List Priorities menu when set to 80 will not filter out any lower level quests.

That has nothing to do with the Blizzard Low Level Quest tracking icons on the minimap.
i have added a picture of my settings, i do not see a slider anywhere though.

as you can see from the picture i have quests available from the two NPCs (both on the default minimap and over there heads), low level quest tracking active and yet nothing showing any quests there. i also have the "Number of quest levels below player level to keep in memory" set to 80. any help you can give would be helpfull. i went and removed carbonite completely (addons, wtf and cache folders deleted to make sure) and then re installed it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_050409_010514.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	2611  

05-04-09, 12:32 PM   #8
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Moldy View Post
i have added a picture of my settings, i do not see a slider anywhere though.
It's on the quest tracker toolbar. Click the 2nd button from the left and the slider is the on the bottom (slide it all the way to the right).

05-04-09, 01:36 PM   #9
Moldy
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
It's on the quest tracker toolbar. Click the 2nd button from the left and the slider is the on the bottom (slide it all the way to the right).
ok, tyvm, it was set to ten, is this the default since i dont remember setting it that way?

05-04-09, 01:52 PM   #10
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Moldy View Post
ok, tyvm, it was set to ten, is this the default since i dont remember setting it that way?
Yeah, that was the default...we have since changed the default to be 80.

05-05-09, 12:16 AM   #11
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Only new installs will get the default. When we change a default, if you already have a setting, it will not be forced to the new default, unless we change the data version number, which we rarely do.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest giver bug