01-21-13, 03:29 AM   #1
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Work log on the next beta

Well, as I mentioned in another thread, I've managed to decrypt the entire quest database... unfortunately it increases memory usage by 5M in it's new form.

For those with good computers it's nothing, not much more then any of the other questing addons/trackers but I want the option to turn parts of it off, if your 90 doing panda quests, do you really need the quests from teldrasil in memory? no... no you don't :P so the first part i'm working on is the change over to ace libraries and moving all the options / configuration to the blizzard addon window.

At the same time i'm experimenting with the future of it as modular, disabling entire scripts like favorites or guide and watching how it reacts (so far... it reacts badly :P but i'm learning why and where)

tonight's main change to the code was the complete removal of all the leftovers from when it was a paid addon, Nxsec.lua is no more, and all the licensing functions, duplicate functions for paid or free etc has been removed.

01-21-13, 12:48 PM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This sounds so awesome... can't wait till everything is modular!!

Thanks so much for everything you do!!!

01-21-13, 03:07 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Personally, I'll miss Carbonite having its' own options window. For me at least that works nicer. While it's nice to just go to one spot for all of your addon options, I really like those addons that have their own options windows.

I'd go for it if you can somehow make the Carbonite options tab in the Blizzard options look/act pretty much like it currently does, except, of course, using the Blizzard options window. Y'know, things like no drop down menus........

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

01-22-13, 02:10 AM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
reorganized the entire carbonite directory, data files are now in data subdirectory, locale is now in locale subdirectory, libraries in lib.

finished first part of ace conversion... Nxtimer is gone, everything converted to AceTimer.

01-22-13, 06:37 AM   #5
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Not that I expect you to need help, Rythal, but if you do want some, I'm sure the people on wowace.com would be able and willing to answer any questions.

I'd be willing to help where I can, but between my mediocre skills and time constraints, I don't know how valuable my help would be. But I do know one thing I'd like to see in Carbonite eventually: the Warehouse supporting the guild bank, and that, I do know in a very powerful way. I could even write a Carbonite module if I knew Carb's API; Ace is the easy part.

01-22-13, 07:29 AM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
right now, the main thing i'm trying to figure out is how to take current saved variables, and convert it to acedb for easier profile support... not sure there is a way I can do it without everyone losing there current settings

01-30-13, 10:59 AM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Tired... thought i'd post another update

- AceDB is in, every option is converted to the new.
- Map icons all now scale from 0.1 to 10 instead of 0.1 to 3, I found 3 to small.
- all the lua's are updated to use _G instead of getvalue
- Moved some options from per character to per account, like map locations/sizes with the inclusion of
profile support it just made more sense.

I broke NPCScan overlay support :/ since it called carbonites GOpts which no longer exists, debating between letting them update to use the new Nx.db, or adding GOpts back containing whatever variables they want just to keep it working.
Edit: thinking more, leave it broken since a) NPCScan should be updated to not display in carbonites microdungeons and b) they are calling the old saved variable array NxData.GOpts.

Next up, the new options window since right now after the aceDB conversion I can't change 90% of the options lol.

Last edited by Rythal : 01-30-13 at 11:07 AM.

01-30-13, 07:34 PM   #8
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

go Rythal go! i tihnk even Heracles would pat you on the back

01-31-13, 07:53 AM   #9
Hentaya
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by crazzzzi View Post
go Rythal go! i tihnk even Heracles would pat you on the back
I agree...this is an equivalent task to cleaning out the Augean Stables...though YOUR day is more on the cosmic level, having no river to divert other than your own energies.

02-05-13, 09:36 AM   #10
Tenchi9000
A Defias Bandit

I think Carbonite2 or Carbonite v.2 would be the best names for the new version so people can find the new version much better. Keep up the great work Rythal!

02-07-13, 07:22 AM   #11
Mardread
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I say Carboniter 2: Rise of the Maps

03-25-13, 08:43 PM   #12
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
So.. been a while since I updated this.. the last beta is almost working except a few minor things so I started pushing forward towards the next one... Quest system rewrite

So far in my developer build, i'm now standing in northshire with the new quest database layout... quest start and end track properly, now i'm trying to get the blobs to show up.

Still a long way to having it working, but closer then I was. I've also noticed some smaller issue's which isn't totally carbonite's fault, like the northshire quests are all off by +15,-10 ... but so is wowhead so obviously blizzard moved the zone coords when they redid the zone.

03-26-13, 12:42 AM   #13
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Check WoWDB - the coords may be a better fit.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

02-02-13, 01:31 AM   #14
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Half the options menu's are converted and working in blizzard options, trying to actually write decent descriptions of what everything changes at the same time

Got bored of doing the same thing over and over and took some time to fix that black box showing across half of wandering isle, and at the same time got the satellite map for wandering isle to display

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Work log on the next beta