03-10-09, 09:53 AM   #1
Moonpool
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Talking Bar configuration and Nostromo n52

I have one and only one thing stopping me from using nUi and I know its a dumb thing but I just can't make it work in my brain yet - I use the N52 which has three rows of buttons (two fives and a four) so when I occasionally have to look down at my buttons to see which spell I have bound to the top row second button, I need to be able to see my buttons in that configuration - NUI's rows are only two deep and from what I can see, can't be messed with to show as three deep. I realize this is retarded and I should be able to remember 14 buttons better, but fact is, I can't Is there a workaround that would let me line up three rows of buttons somewhere? I can put my other six N52 keybinds and the three from my mouse buttons on one row pretty easily and get used to what is there, but the visual cue of the shape of the three rows is just hardwired for me right now.

Now that grid can fit into the info panel, I could actually use this to raid with on my druid also - that was my main problem before, the lack of the 25 frames - I don't actually quite like the pro version of 25 man frames quite yet, but know it's a work in progress and that it will quickly be excellent based on Scott's attention to details. Trying to raid on a hunter, resto druid and prot pally I tend to stress Ui's to the max

What besides the 25 raid frames is in pro?

Good work Scott, and congrats on recent successes - much luck to you in the future.

03-10-09, 03:14 PM   #2
demanl
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Moonpool View Post
I have one and only one thing stopping me from using nUi and I know its a dumb thing but I just can't make it work in my brain yet - I use the N52 which has three rows of buttons (two fives and a four) so when I occasionally have to look down at my buttons to see which spell I have bound to the top row second button, I need to be able to see my buttons in that configuration - NUI's rows are only two deep and from what I can see, can't be messed with to show as three deep. I realize this is retarded and I should be able to remember 14 buttons better, but fact is, I can't Is there a workaround that would let me line up three rows of buttons somewhere? I can put my other six N52 keybinds and the three from my mouse buttons on one row pretty easily and get used to what is there, but the visual cue of the shape of the three rows is just hardwired for me right now.

Now that grid can fit into the info panel, I could actually use this to raid with on my druid also - that was my main problem before, the lack of the 25 frames - I don't actually quite like the pro version of 25 man frames quite yet, but know it's a work in progress and that it will quickly be excellent based on Scott's attention to details. Trying to raid on a hunter, resto druid and prot pally I tend to stress Ui's to the max

Good work Scott, and congrats on recent successes - much luck to you in the future.
use the "/nui movers" command to move around the bars......or try AutoBar with nUI......or Bartender4....create your own bars.......)

03-11-09, 07:16 AM   #3
Moonpool
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by demanl View Post
use the "/nui movers" command to move around the bars......or try AutoBar with nUI......or Bartender4....create your own bars.......)
I tried that the last time i tried Nui - it wrecks the elegance of the interface something awful, but I can do it again I suppose. Thanks.

03-11-09, 07:49 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I tried that the last time i tried Nui - it wrecks the elegance of the interface something awful, but I can do it again I suppose. Thanks.
I'll be having some alternate layouts pretty soon, I strongly suspect you'll see one similar to what you're looking for.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-11-09, 06:32 PM   #5
tamin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by demanl View Post
how do you do this? my biggest problem is feral kitty..when I stealth the tool bar is configured differently than when I am not..I have to have to have that functionality thats in bartender...do you have to 'turn off' the bars in nUI? Still new (just switched), and digging around the config files...sorry if this is a noob question

08-11-09, 06:35 PM   #6
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Do not turn off the bars in nUI -- it will break other things. nUI 5.0 does not support a stealth bar for kitty form because the Blizzard action bars do not support it. nUI 6.0 will. .. I would also argue that you do not *have* to have it (otherwise Blizzard would support it) -- you're just used to having it. But all the same... it will happen in 6.0

08-11-09, 06:41 PM   #7
tamin
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

haha, ya..you are right, i don't 'have' to..I look forward to 6.0, as you do have an awesome UI, I like it a lot.

03-11-09, 07:48 AM   #8
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Your question about bars is pretty much already answered, so let me address the other two things...

Now that grid can fit into the info panel, I could actually use this to raid with on my druid also
I can't think of a reason why you need grid if you're running Pro... it has all of the raid units, supports click-casting, provides the highlights to decursing, etc. If there's something I'm missing there, let me know.

See this link: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21004

03-11-09, 10:03 AM   #9
rossman
A Cyclonian

N52te button layout

I use the n52te with a custom button config for the top 3 bars. I tried the other addons but in the end I like this the best and it is one less addon needed. Until Spiel creates the nui custom button bars you can only have 12 buttons per bar or it doesnt work well.

First I use the n52te with a config of one keymap setup with the left column set as my modifiers. Key 1 is my n52te keymap cycle button. Key 6 is my alt button. Key 11 is my shift button. This leaves 12 buttons for keybindings.

second You need to modify the nui_layout_default_dashboard.lua file. The section called default button bar configurations needs a few changes. Modify btn_size, rows & cols to match what I have below.

Code:
-- default button bar configurations

nUI_DefaultConfig.ButtonBars =
{
    ["nUI_ActionBar"] =
    {
        btn_size = 43,
        gap      = 2,
        anchor   = "BOTTOM",
        xOfs     = 0,
        yOfs     = 123,
        rows     = 3,
        cols     = 4,
        page     = 1,
        nuibind  = "nUI_ACTIONBAR",
        binding  = "ACTIONBUTTON",
        label    = nUI_L["nUI_ActionBar"],
    },

-- the Bliz "bottom left" bar

["nUI_TopLeftBar"] =
    {        
        btn_size = 43,
        gap      = 2,
        anchor   = "TOPRIGHT",
        yOfs     = 122,
        xOfs     = 0,
        rows     = 3,
        cols     = 4,
        page     = 6,
        nuibind  = "nUI_TOPLEFTBAR",
        binding  = "MULTIACTIONBAR1BUTTON",
        label    = nUI_L["nUI_TopLeftBar"],
    },

-- the Bliz "bottom right" bar

["nUI_TopRightBar"] =
    {        
        btn_size = 43,
        gap      = 2,
        anchor   = "TOPLEFT",
        yOfs     = 122,
        xOfs     = 0,
        rows     = 3,
        cols     = 4,
        page     = 5,
        nuibind  = "nUI_TOPRIGHTBAR",
        binding  = "MULTIACTIONBAR2BUTTON",
        label    = nUI_L["nUI_TopRightBar"],
    },
Finally in WOW setup keybindings on your new layout by using the ctrl-alt-right-click and match your n52te 12 key config.

Hopefully you can follow this if not just ask.

Here is my solo questing layout.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012509_105647.jpg
Views:	1103
Size:	424.0 KB
ID:	2346  

Last edited by spiel2001 : 03-11-09 at 10:18 AM.

03-11-09, 10:17 AM   #10
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Thanks for posting that Rossman... I've copied it to the customization thread, as well.

08-12-09, 07:21 AM   #11
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I use the n52te with a custom button config for the top 3 bars.
I need to do this as well

I just learn my keys :P

I know this key is that button/move
I using the same things but i have it as you look at the n52te from the top left (keys printed 01 06 and 11) as shift, crtl and alt.

I will be making a BIG post about this soon (mainly aimed at my guild but i will also post it here)

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
it will happen in 6.0
You keep saying that :P
*locks spiel2001 in a small room with a computer and a gun to his head for nUI 6*

**sorry unable to help my self :P**

11-15-09, 06:56 PM   #12
chopt8
A Cyclonian
I use the n52te with a custom button config for the top 3 bars. I tried the other addons but in the end I like this the best and it is one less addon needed. Until Spiel creates the nui custom button bars you can only have 12 buttons per bar or it doesnt work well.

First I use the n52te with a config of one keymap setup with the left column set as my modifiers. Key 1 is my n52te keymap cycle button. Key 6 is my alt button. Key 11 is my shift button. This leaves 12 buttons for keybindings.

second You need to modify the nui_layout_default_dashboard.lua file. The section called default button bar configurations needs a few changes. Modify btn_size, rows & cols to match what I have below.

Code:
-- default button bar configurations

nUI_DefaultConfig.ButtonBars =
{
    ["nUI_ActionBar"] =
    {
        btn_size = 43,
        gap      = 2,
        anchor   = "BOTTOM",
        xOfs     = 0,
        yOfs     = 123,
        rows     = 3,
        cols     = 4,
        page     = 1,
        nuibind  = "nUI_ACTIONBAR",
        binding  = "ACTIONBUTTON",
        label    = nUI_L["nUI_ActionBar"],
    },

-- the Bliz "bottom left" bar

["nUI_TopLeftBar"] =
    {        
        btn_size = 43,
        gap      = 2,
        anchor   = "TOPRIGHT",
        yOfs     = 122,
        xOfs     = 0,
        rows     = 3,
        cols     = 4,
        page     = 6,
        nuibind  = "nUI_TOPLEFTBAR",
        binding  = "MULTIACTIONBAR1BUTTON",
        label    = nUI_L["nUI_TopLeftBar"],
    },

-- the Bliz "bottom right" bar

["nUI_TopRightBar"] =
    {        
        btn_size = 43,
        gap      = 2,
        anchor   = "TOPLEFT",
        yOfs     = 122,
        xOfs     = 0,
        rows     = 3,
        cols     = 4,
        page     = 5,
        nuibind  = "nUI_TOPRIGHTBAR",
        binding  = "MULTIACTIONBAR2BUTTON",
        label    = nUI_L["nUI_TopRightBar"],
    },
Finally in WOW setup keybindings on your new layout by using the ctrl-alt-right-click and match your n52te 12 key config.

Hopefully you can follow this if not just ask.

can we get four sets of bars of 12? (4 across 3 high) since n52/(te) support no modifer+key , ****+key, ctrl+key, alt/option+key that would be 4 sets of actions bars that we can setup

11-15-09, 07:50 PM   #13
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah... just change four of the action bars to be 4x3 and then use '/nui movers' to move them to where you want them.

08-13-09, 03:17 PM   #14
Maxximos
A Murloc Raider
I use the N52TE and it works great. As he siad /nui movers allowa you to move tha bars so that they stack in the same order. I know this becauuse I use mine in the same way. Works great. I believe this what you asking for.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_080509_095537.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	775.7 KB
ID:	3169  

Last edited by Maxximos : 08-13-09 at 03:24 PM.

08-14-09, 08:50 AM   #15
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I like that layout....but...where is your pet bar located?

08-14-09, 03:20 PM   #16
Maxximos
A Murloc Raider
/nui movers allows you to put your pet bar anywhere you would like to. I keep mine right above my action bars.

Last edited by Maxximos : 08-14-09 at 03:22 PM.

08-14-09, 03:26 PM   #17
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

yah I'm familiar with how to move the items, was just curious as to where you placed it so it didn't overlap other items on the screen...from what I've read there are different 'bars' stacked all the way up to the center of the screen (action bar, pet bar, range indicator, CD, HOT/DOT, Runes, Cast bar,....)

always looking for ideas from other peoples layouts to see if there are ways to improve my own layout..

08-17-09, 01:16 PM   #18
Maxximos
A Murloc Raider
Here's where I placed mine and it doesn't conflict with anything.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_081709_151300.jpg
Views:	864
Size:	905.6 KB
ID:	3181  

01-01-10, 02:36 PM   #19
mountb
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy n52 - I'm not a programmer

Just downloaded nUI lite -- genius UI! I love the concept and love the UI. With one exception: Like Moonpool, I use the n52 and not having bars laid out to parallel the key configuration of the device is a deal-killer for me. Rossman's solution looks right (I mean, literally, the screenshot), but I'm not a programmer and don't feel comfortable updating lua files by copying code I don't understand. I will adopt nUI instantly should simpler bar modifications become available.

01-01-10, 03:38 PM   #20
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

There's not really any programing to it, all your doing is opening the file with notepad or any text editor and changing a couple values that he has listed. Worst case scenario you screw up and just re-download nui that will erase any changes you made and put it back to default. That being said scott is coming to the end of finishing nui6 which will have an in-game configuration for just about everything.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Bar configuration and Nostromo n52