07-06-09, 12:33 AM   #1
amoraa
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation carbonite not showing low level quest

the add on hasnt been giving me a problem until now , i have been working on the achievement for 3000 quests , and yes they are low level ones that i skipped just to hit 70 back in the day when i started playing. last week the quest were showing for me fine for instance, i am level 80 lock, and i have been working on quest that are level 40-50 and they were showing me of where i needed to go. but as of right now that are not showing me anything only the ones that are close to my level. i want to change it so that way i can easily do this quest and know where i have to go to do the quest i pick up that are low level quest please help thanks amoraa

07-06-09, 03:58 PM   #2
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I remember a post earlier about there being a level check in displaying available quests. I think you need to increase your to 80.

The option I found is on the quests screen:
Number of quest levels below player to keep in memory {value}

07-06-09, 10:27 PM   #3
amoraa
A Murloc Raider
not working

hey micro its not working its not letting me save it to ( 80 ) and then it asks me to reload ui. and when i go back to the options its back at ( 0 ) . thanks amoraa

07-07-09, 12:06 AM   #4
amoraa
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy still not working

i have tried everything ive tried changing it to say 80 but it alwayys goes back to 0 and i tried deleting and re installing it and it doesnt go to default 80 it just shows 0

12-23-09, 02:00 PM   #5
wye
A Kobold Labourer
I think I'm having the same problem.

I'm working on the Loremaster achievement and I want every time I get a new low level quest to see it in the quest tracker.
This is not about displaying the quest givers on the minimap.
This is not about displaying the exclamation marks on top of the NPCs.

Repro steps:
As a level 80 who did not completed any orc/troll starter quest, go in Durotar, Valley of Trials and accept the starter quest "Your Place In The World".
Expected result: quest displayed in the quest tracker.
Actual result: quest is not displayed.

I've read about 6 posts that I found relevant to this.

I'm using the latest version available at this moment.
I've used every combination of the following settings:
- Blizzard: Track Low Level Quests
- Blizzard: Objectives:
Instant Quest Text
Automatic Quest Tracking
Automatic Quest Progress Updates
- Carbonite: Autotrack: on, off
- Carbonite: Quest Givers: off, yellow, blue
- Carbonite: Show Party Quests: on, off
- Carbonite: Priorities: Quest Giver Lower Levels to Show: 80, 70, 1
- Carbonite: Priorities: Sort, Low Levels : 20, 200, -200
- Carbonite: Options: Quest: Quest options: numbers of quest levels below player level to keep in memory: initial default (80), 79, 10, 9000.
- Carbonite: Options: Quest Watch: Auto watch new quests: on, off
- Carbonite: Options: Quest Watch: Show tracked achievements. Hide Blizzard's watch list: on, off
- Carbonite: Options: Quest Watch: Modify game objective settings: Instant, no auto watch: on, off

I tried every setting that is even loose related to this. Now my head is spinning, I don't know what settings to try anymore.
I even start getting inconsistent results, sometimes a setting act differently after I restart the game.

Known workarounds:
- after accepting a quest, go in Carbonite -> Menu -> Watch All Quests. This will display all quests regardless of quest level. Doing this for three thousands quests would be nice to avoid.
- use built-in Blizzard quest tracker: no compass to show you the direction where you need to go immediately after you accept a quest.

I used Carbonite for long time and I appreciate your help. You guys are doing a very good job with this addon. I never had a problem with it until now.

UPDATE: with the Blizzard tracker enabled, Carbonite is picking up some of the quest progress.
E.G. Taking the quest "Galgar's Cactus Apple Surprise" makes it visible in the Blizzard quest traker, but not in the Carbonite quest tracker. After picking up the first apple, the quest appears in Carbonite's quest tracker too.

Last edited by wye : 12-23-09 at 02:24 PM.

12-23-09, 05:35 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've read elsewhere that Carbonite is having issues in starter areas. It has something to do with a change Blizz may have made to how quests are accepted, tracked, and turned in. Again, everywhere I've read, only says it affects starter areas. Once you are outside of starter areas, Carbonite should be working as it normally does and auto watching quests etc.

02-01-10, 08:56 PM   #7
Tabularasa
A Kobold Labourer
Confirmed. I was trying to go for my Crusader title, so I started doing the starter quests in Dun Morogh. Carbonite wouldn't show them no matter what, so I deleted the Carbonite folder and reloaded it. Starting working!

So now I'm in Exodar's starting area and again...no starting quests shown! The "fix" is to issue /console reloadui after you accept the quests and then they will show.

02-03-10, 04:38 AM   #8
tsonu
A Kobold Labourer
The solution is to set Carbonite : Priorities : Quest giver lower levels to show : to 79. This will make all quests in the game that carbonite has show up.
the priorties option menu is only accesable from the second little arrow on the quest watch list as far as i can tell

02-11-10, 08:22 PM   #9
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
I've read elsewhere that Carbonite is having issues in starter areas. It has something to do with a change Blizz may have made to how quests are accepted, tracked, and turned in. Again, everywhere I've read, only says it affects starter areas. Once you are outside of starter areas, Carbonite should be working as it normally does and auto watching quests etc.
Level 1-4 quests are auto accepted by the game now, so Carbonite does not know when they get added.

Open the quest window. See the yellow/gray circles by the quest names? That is if a quest is watched. Left click to make yellow, which watches it. You can also click the top left Watch List button and select "Watch All Quests".

The next version of Carbonite has the fix.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » carbonite not showing low level quest