04-22-14, 02:15 AM   #1
TULOA
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ChatMod2 - Round 2

Ok people listen up...

My addon is on the alpha phase and I need help finding addons mine doesnt get along with. I dont use em all and maybe someone here has something i dont that might cause mine to throw an error.

So until beta I mainly want to see any addon and an error log and if you feel up to it suggest a fix. You dont have to provide a fix but I would also like to state I dont want another addon to do it and i would like to stay away from libraries at present.

Once im in beta i will allow suggestions to code. Otherwise if you are polite i will take advice by pm but if not please dont be offended.

This is the last time this will go up. After this attempt i will just wait for bug reports.

Thanks to all in advance who help out.

Edit: Right the addon...:
Get it here: ChatMod2

Last edited by TULOA : 04-22-14 at 09:27 AM.
04-22-14, 05:08 AM   #2
Duugu
Premium Member

The link is broken.
04-22-14, 09:28 AM   #3
TULOA
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Sorry about that posted this thread with my phone.
04-23-14, 07:52 AM   #4
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I gave your mod a try this morning and it behaved just fine for over 2 hours. I run a ton of mods and it gave me no issues.

Note that your last update is just the files without the Chatmod2 folder. I had to create that folder and paste the files into it to get the mod working.
04-23-14, 11:30 AM   #5
TULOA
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by def9 View Post
I gave your mod a try this morning and it behaved just fine for over 2 hours. I run a ton of mods and it gave me no issues.

Note that your last update is just the files without the Chatmod2 folder. I had to create that folder and paste the files into it to get the mod working.
I apologize my Zipping software must have missed that folder. I will fix that in Rev 5 for everyone. Thanks for that heads up.

Edit: It has been reuploaded as Rev4 now to include the folder.

Last edited by TULOA : 04-23-14 at 11:40 AM.
04-26-14, 01:39 AM   #6
TULOA
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Anyone got any other type of rp addon? Wanting to make sure self name coloring is not gonna catch something else.

Sunday ima work on nickname highlighting and options; which are currently driving me mad lol for the lack of documentation. Makes me wanna just make a frame and do options that way.
05-04-14, 01:34 AM   #7
TULOA
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

So I recently decided to redo the URL detection after a few more bugs popped up. So thats why updates have somewhat paused at the moment.

My next pause will be the options menu. I am very close to scrapping the Blizzard Interface Options menu for it and make a frame. I am very disappointed how very undocumented it is to add stuff to the panels once they are added. I havent gotten far with experimenting yet but it seems like LUA/XML coding a options menu is the way I may have to go and just recode the original options frame.

If anyone here has better experience with it and can show a sample adding of a button to a panel I would appreciate it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » ChatMod2 - Round 2