02-23-09, 06:39 AM   #1
rdmty
A Kobold Labourer
WoWI Packaging Client?

Is there such a thing available, similar to wowace's old client.

Since SVN is a feature, it wouldn't be too hard to get one up. I may be interested in such a project :>
02-23-09, 09:13 AM   #2
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nop since the old is down I tried the curse client but that was so horrible, now I use a simple CollabNet's subversion svn.exe linked to a .bat works quite well and does what it should without junk I think wowi as a packager tooo but that is probably locked to wowi only
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)

Last edited by Mera : 02-23-09 at 09:16 AM.
02-23-09, 09:52 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
We do have an updater client, however downloads for it are disabled at the moment, as it is a bit long in the tooth. A new version is in the works and is almost ready for an open beta.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20417
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-23-09, 05:06 PM   #4
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mera View Post
Nop since the old is down I tried the curse client but that was so horrible, now I use a simple CollabNet's subversion svn.exe linked to a .bat works quite well and does what it should without junk I think wowi as a packager tooo but that is probably locked to wowi only
The 2.1.2 version of the Curse Client is far from horrible, and handles disembedding like the WAU did - at any rate, updating addons via SVN isn't very efficient bandwidth-wise or for the server hosting the repositories and should only be done for addons which you're actively maintaining alongside other people.
02-23-09, 10:34 PM   #5
FinsterDexter
A Murloc Raider
Why did you guys disable download for the client today? I've been using it for a while and even runs great on Windows 7 Beta. Now I have no automated way of interfacing with WoWI... :\

At the very least, re-enable the download for the old client until this "beta" or whatever goes live.
02-23-09, 11:33 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
The UI Manager download was removed at the beginning of the month because of the number of problems it is experiencing now. If you have an existing one, you can still try to use it, but because so many people were having problems with it, we disabled new downloads of it. Sorry. =/
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
02-24-09, 12:42 AM   #7
FinsterDexter
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
The UI Manager download was removed at the beginning of the month because of the number of problems it is experiencing now. If you have an existing one, you can still try to use it, but because so many people were having problems with it, we disabled new downloads of it. Sorry. =/
Problems? That sucks... it was working great for me under Windows 7... dang it. I had to reformat my hard drive and no longer have the old download... oh well.
02-24-09, 02:45 AM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
We've reconsidered and decided to re-enable download of them for now, until the new one is ready. Please be aware, however, that they may not work as well as could be hoped for.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » WoWI Packaging Client?