01-01-09, 11:19 PM   #1
Eneswar
A Fallenroot Satyr

How to add textures (split from UI screenshots thread)

hey all im wondering how to add textures like this picture:

Anyone have ny clue? its very shiney !
01-01-09, 11:47 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You would use a mod like kgPanels to add the textures. It allows you to create panels in the game with which you can add custom art and borders. It also supports scripts so they could be set to change based on certain events and so on.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-02-09, 01:40 AM   #3
Eneswar
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thank you for the reply.
I have kgPanels, but all i can do it black boxes... which i use, but i dont see anything fancy like on the screenshot :/
01-02-09, 01:43 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

The art on the screen shot is custom made and imported in to kgpanels. the addon by itself will just make panels with borders that can have a gradient and so on. If you want art like that youll have to either make it or ask if you can use it.

Once you have the art you want there are instructions in kgpanels on where to place it (in the interface folder at a bare minimum) and how to get kgpanels to see it and use it.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
01-02-09, 03:58 AM   #5
Eneswar
A Fallenroot Satyr

I see, thank you for your help, ill be sure to ask the person.
Also, is there a place where I can find these custom arts that we can use?
01-02-09, 04:01 PM   #6
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Last time I checked, Discord art was still around, but the location escapes me. If you manage to find it, just please read any readme.doc or licensing information before you upload it in any work you do (if you decide to share).

Last edited by Yhor : 01-02-09 at 04:02 PM. Reason: I fail at grammar.
01-02-09, 07:36 PM   #7
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Last time I checked, Discord art was still around, but the location escapes me. If you manage to find it, just please read any readme.doc or licensing information before you upload it in any work you do (if you decide to share).
Worldofmodcraft.com is the site in question. Ironically the screen cap in the OP seems to be from there as about a week ago a WIP ui was posted there with the same screenie.

01-02-09, 07:38 PM   #8
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Worldofmodcraft.com is the site in question. Ironically the screen cap in the OP seems to be from there as about a week ago a WIP ui was posted there with the same screenie.

It looked like something that wold come from there, very nice work. They tend to put out some great art.
01-03-09, 08:11 AM   #9
Eneswar
A Fallenroot Satyr

Thanks guys ill check out that site

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How to add textures (split from UI screenshots thread)