09-02-08, 01:16 AM   #1
Kith
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ellipsis (Multi-Target DoT Timers) Feedback

AddOn Homepage

-- IMPORTANT --
This is a beta, and there are going to be bugs (though hopefully not any big ones anymore), please report any bugs here at WoWI and any feedback you have as well about changes or additions you would like to see. I will be checking here reguarly and posting updates as things are changed/fixed.

Ellipsis (indicating omission)
Typography - A mark consisting of three periods, colloquially known as 'dot-dot-dot'.

Ellipsis is an addon that features multi-target DoT and HoT tracking for spells that you cast on other people. It has support for all classes and can additionally be configured to track Cooldowns as well. Access the GUI by typing '/ellipsis' or by going to the WoW Main Menu, then Interface, then the Addons tab and selected Ellipsis from the AddOn list on the left; contained here are a rather large number of options to configure pretty much all aspects of the display (and a few functionality based options as well).

DoT's & HoT's
Ellipsis scans your target and focus for spells you can cast (as well as your pet's target and your group mates targets should you have either); and once found, it makes a timer for it. Timers are seperated onto their respective targets using the GUID identification system to provide full accuracy in determination of what goes where. Ellipsis additionally tracks your pets spells when cast on targets, tracks 'multi-target' spells like AoE's, and if your a shaman provides tracking of totem durations as well. You can also setup notifications (both audio and visual) for when your dots fade or are broken ahead of time.

Cooldowns
-- Not done yet --
Will eventually have a single logarithmic cooldown bar, will track spells, items and (possibly) special cases such as an entire spell tree (or all spells) being locked.

Installation
There are two 'mods' included with Ellipsis, the main mod itself (folder: Ellipsis) and the congfiguration options (folder: Ellipsis_Options). Only the first is required to use the mod, though you will not be able to change options without the latter; Ellipsis_Options is also Load on Demand and thus won't use up any resources until you begin changing options (which is also why its a seperate folder/addon).

-- IMPORTANT --
Once again, this is still very much a beta mod. There are several things missing (notably Cooldowns), and what is here has only had very limited testing beyond what I have done myself. Please report -any- problems you have, and give me feedback on how Ellipsis can be improved. Please leave both comments and bug reports here as I will be checking reguarly (and please, use the latest version posted or at least post which version your bug is being reported from). Thanks.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Ellipsis (Multi-Target DoT Timers) Feedback