09-07-14, 05:12 PM   #1
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Reset Carbonite Maps?

Weird problem on 1/3 of my characters
I am using the latest Alpha & a couple of months ago I noticed after a Maintenance /hotfix or maybe a patch that my Carbonite Maps on some of my toons no longer show detailed geography except the zone I am currently in & maybe one other which may or may not be adjacent! I can scroll in till the cows come home & it gives me generic zone with no landmarks until It is zoomed in so far I can't tell where anything is anyway.
I have gone in line by line alt tabbing between both of my active accounts & double checked every single setting that might effect maps & still not fixed it.

I was hoping to find a Reset to default button but I guess not lol
I hate having to scrub all of my settings & then go back through 2 accounts worth of toons
Sigh just needed to whine for a moment or three before I scrub it & reset lol
Hugz Rythal

Even with an occasional hiccup I have yet to find anything that would pose a deal breaker for me.

09-07-14, 05:53 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't know of any way to reset just the maps in Carbonite. I do know an option you might try. Open Carbonites options and then open the "Maps" options. On the "Map Options" tab, scroll down until you find the "Maximum Zones To Draw At Once" slider. Make sure this slid is all the way to the right (or at numeral 20). While it doesn't say to do it, it can't hurt to "/reload" the interface when you are done with this. Oh, you might want to change the "Detail Graphics Visible Area" slider (the next slider on the list) to "40", or all the way to the right, at this time and before you "/reload" the interface.

If that doesn't do it then the only thing that I can think of is to go to your "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\" folder, and delete (or rename) all of the Carbonite files that you find there. That will set Carbonite back to it's default state for all your characters. I believe only on ONE account only, though. You will probably have to repeat this for both accounts.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

09-07-14, 07:47 PM   #3
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Thanks

Thanks Jeffy

I've done both now lol
I deleted ALL of my Carbonite Saved Variables & went through & deleted all files with Carbonite in the name on each individual toon.
I found the settings you mentioned & maximized those as well & noticed some improvement although not entirely & evidently it was on all of my toons but less obvious on lower levels.

If I am in Halfhill or anywhere in Valley of Four Winds I can view Jade Forest & Krasarang Wilds zones in addition to the one I'm in. But even on a 90 with complete World exploration I can't view any map details for any of the other Pandaren zones. When I fly to Kunlai Summit I can now see all but Townlong Steppes, Dread Wastes & the 3 Islands. When flying to Townlong Steppes the map for Dread Wastes finally shows up but after I land it disappears as well as the previous zones.
It seems as if the middle layers are not loading on mouseover or scrolling in.
I'm having to open my original Blizz Map & click to zoom in on individual zones in order to see any map details for all of the zones on other continents as well.
When I go to Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor the same thing...

Edit: I just found Icons flashing... probably not a new thing & I do have Node Glow turned off. but I was scrolled into a zone that I'm not in, so I have no detail, & reallized that my map is flashing every few seconds & for a fraction of a second I can see the details that are not showing normally & they include Icons that are not otherwise visible until I'm in that zone.

Edit: nvm another addon sigh
I'll post when I figure out which one lol aging mind
I forgot to disable my other addons

Final Edit: FIXED!
Disabling TomTom did not work but after I re-enabled TomTom & then reset my waypoints profile on each toon I immediately got all of my Carbonite map functions back.

Last edited by Catitude : 09-07-14 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Problem fixed

09-08-14, 08:00 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, I'm glad you finally got it figured out.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Reset Carbonite Maps?