01-29-11, 02:03 PM   #1
yoitsme
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
nui problems

Hey Scott!

First and foremost, just want to say keep up the great job with nUI. It's the best UI out there for WoW (imo) and I wouldn't use any other. However, I did recently start back playing WoW again and I ran into some problems in-game after I DL'd the latest plus version that I didn't have when I was playing during Wrath. You may have had these errors reported and if so my apologies for not checking first but a couple things I noticed...

: right hand side player target buffs. I've been noticing that when the player/creature I target has a massive amount of debuffs,buffs,etc on them it's stacking them down, (unlike how I remember in wrath when the debuffs /buffs all stacked UP your screen instead) into my recount box which tends to make me not be able to read recount since all the buffs are clogging up the view of recount.

:hovering my mouse over a debuff on my pic in the bottom center of the UI. My toon is not showing the debuff and instead I have to target me(and I didn't have to pre-cata) therefore causing me problems when I really need to quickly see what debuff I have on me to react.

Now i'm not sure if this stuff is intended by you, or if I need to change settings on my end to fix this but any help and/or advice would be great.

Continue the great work man, as WoW would hard for me to play without this UI.

Thanks

01-29-11, 02:24 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, these are newish problems bought about by changes blizz made to the aura system. Your best option for now while Scott is playing with nUI 6 is to download the aura buttons plugin and see if that resolves both those problems for you

01-29-11, 02:38 PM   #3
yoitsme
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
hmm, looking for it. Can't seem to find it. Which one would it be under plug-ins?

01-29-11, 02:46 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, its under unit frame plugins ..

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...raButtons.html

01-29-11, 03:07 PM   #5
yoitsme
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, sadly from what I saw after installing it, it basically seems all that does is make the buffs go back to the way the regular WoW UI has them, (which I don't fancy at all and which is one reason I downloaded nUI to start with) and more or less just changing where they appear on the screen yet still the same format.

I guess i'll just hang tight with what I got and hope Scott comes out with a later version of nUI that fixes/corrects the problem.

Thank you for your help though!

01-29-11, 03:41 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, its not ideal, I like the bars too .. but I've grown accustomed to the buttons now I just like them at the bottom rather than the top so thats cool.

But yes, the problem should be resolved with nUI6 when he's finished. That plugin was just a suggestion to use if the overflow of the buffs were more annoying that seeing buttons

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nui problems