07-18-10, 07:47 PM   #1
Vadaski
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite map features: Dungeons

I have scoured the features and settings for some sort of thing that'll let you see the map of the dungeons you're doing. I hate the mini map within the mini map that shows it. Even when you "maximize mini map" it doesn't really show the whole dungeon and where you are, it just shows a small proximity of the area directly surrounding you. Is there any way to accommodate this and possibly even get rid of the tiny mini-map within the real mini-map? Any help is appreciated and thank you.

07-18-10, 11:47 PM   #2
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I'm assuming you mean moving the minimap out of the Carbonite map?

There are two ways you can do this - either with playing around with the docked minimap's scale (right-click the Carbonite map to get to that menu) and offset (in the actual Carbonite options) to offset the minimap outside the Carbonite map, or you could go to the options and uncheck "Move minimap into Carbonite map" (or something like it, don't have WoW running at the moment).

As for showing the whole dungeon, the addon Atlas is what you'll want. It lets you browse the instance maps from wherever you are, including inside the instance. And if you have the addon loaded and zoom the Carbonite map up really close, you can actually see the Atlas instance maps on the Carbonite map! Alas, this won't let you see where you are in the instance.

Northrend dungeons were actually designed by Blizzard to correct this flaw - if you zoom up close with Carbonite when you're in a raid or instance, you actually get to see a map of the place, Atlas or not, and where you and party members are on the instance map! Hopefully Cataclysm instances will be redesigned this way too.

Hope that helps!

07-19-10, 04:00 AM   #3
Vadaski
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Hope that helps!
It did! Thanks a lot!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite map features: Dungeons