10-19-08, 01:34 AM   #201
SINLESSPAGAN
A Kobold Labourer
How do u make a pet bar?!?!

How do u drag the pet bar skills to the bar u created? You will have to walk me thru it step by step. Loved trinity bars. Seems like it did the pet bars for u. Need to do the pet bars for both my hunter and my mage. Please help. Very new to macros.

10-19-08, 03:56 AM   #202
t_gun
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Xeddicus View Post
I don't have the stance checkbox either (even with 30000.22.12 from here) and it drove me crazy trying to set up demon form buttons on my warlock. Someone asked how and this is how I did it (this may not be the best way, but it worked...):

1. Create a bar and set it to custom.
2. use [stance:2] in the edit box for the custom stance.
3. Set up the number of buttons.
4. Exit config modes, switch to demon form, quickly fill up the buttons with your skills.
HAIL TO THE Xeddicus!!!
(and to Maul, also )
Using [stance:1]; [stance:2]; [stance:3] in edit box in "custom" mode, i made my beloved stance-bar for my war!!!

Great thanks, and sorry for my ugly english.
So, i have few questions about bindigs:
I trying to bind button wich before 1 and above Tab ( it works as ` in english and as ё in russian). Alwais, to work it correctly, i must bind it in two languages, like on picture.
It worked when i was in EU servers, it worked when i go to RU, it work even now in Dominos.
But when i make this bind in Macaroon - works only `, not ё.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bind.gif
Views:	517
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1984  

10-19-08, 04:53 AM   #203
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@Tweeker - I really do appreciate the thought! My paypal email is [email protected], however, I am not putting a donate button on a beta release yet It just does not feel right...though it would help pay for 2-liters...whenever I get to anchor buttons I just feel so sleepy....

@whodi - Templates is now called Profiles, as I plan to implement a profile system. Currently it is in its early stages and will become more robust soon.

@JohnJSal - To get exactly what you want, you will want to make each bar have action buttons and to have identical action ID's by slot. With the buttons set to action, they will "listen" to the set target and you won't have to worry writing macros. I hope that is clear A clone bar feature will be added at some point, though. To change the button type to action type /mac edit, then left click on the button.

@bossmansmith - There are a bunch of pet commands like "/petautocasttoggle" and I will begin to integrate them into the macro system so that the buttons respond accordingly. Just will be a bit before I get to it.

@PJTMayhem - I plan to re-write that FAQ, stand by...

@Tepetkhet - I tried to make a scalable "bubble skin", it just did not work out. Maybe I will try again at some point.

@t_gun - This is most likely a localization problem. Which language client are you using? Russian? I would need someone to supply the Russian localization for class names, then. Fot the binding issue, it works for dominos because it uses a different binding scheme. I am trying to see if this is something Blizzard can fix, as it is really a problem with how lua functions are returning the keys.

@SirSwirly - Yes! It is possible, and I have plans, dark, sinister plans...umm...no, but I do have plans! I plan to have options to define how a macro should auto-rewrite itself based on conditions, much like autobar.

@Dragonsblaze - okay, okay, working on it!

@Rakafu - woohoo! thanks

@sohvan - the key issue is not looking good in the short term. I have replied to the bug reports with more details.

@JohnJSal - The link option is to set up bar relations for different states. Like if you wanted to link a stance bar to paged bar while it is on page 3.

@bane32 - will do! It is one of the things I am working on for the next release, 30000.23

@highlanderhcs - see above

@JohnJSal - 1) Yes, see my repsonse above to you

2) Spells will auto-uprank.

3) Yes, but there is a bug when the buttons are locked, which is fixed for 30000.23

4) Just drag it out and click it on the game field.

5) Hmm, might be a bug, I will look into it. But if you make a bug report I will be sure to not forget it.

@Cakespoon - In 3.0.2, downranked spells actually cost more mana than the highest rank, so I am not sure you really want to down-rank. However, you can edit the macros - /mac edit - and add the ranks to the spells. For FFF it sounds like you do not have an updated version, need to update and then re-drag the spell from the spell book

@mediajunkie - See the FAQ for pet bar instructions. Razorgore would require a possess bar, similar to a pet bar, but handled differently by Blizzard. You set it up the same way as a pet, just check "possess" instead.

@SINLESSPAGAN - The FAQ walks you through it

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-19-08, 05:54 AM   #204
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Maul View Post
@Tweeker - I really do appreciate the thought! My paypal email is [email protected], however, I am not putting a donate button on a beta release yet It just does not feel right...though it would help pay for 2-liters...whenever I get to anchor buttons I just feel so sleepy....

@whodi - Templates is now called Profiles, as I plan to implement a profile system. Currently it is in its early stages and will become more robust soon.

@JohnJSal - To get exactly what you want, you will want to make each bar have action buttons and to have identical action ID's by slot. With the buttons set to action, they will "listen" to the set target and you won't have to worry writing macros. I hope that is clear A clone bar feature will be added at some point, though. To change the button type to action type /mac edit, then left click on the button.

@bossmansmith - There are a bunch of pet commands like "/petautocasttoggle" and I will begin to integrate them into the macro system so that the buttons respond accordingly. Just will be a bit before I get to it.

@PJTMayhem - I plan to re-write that FAQ, stand by...

@Tepetkhet - I tried to make a scalable "bubble skin", it just did not work out. Maybe I will try again at some point.

@t_gun - This is most likely a localization problem. Which language client are you using? Russian? I would need someone to supply the Russian localization for class names, then. Fot the binding issue, it works for dominos because it uses a different binding scheme. I am trying to see if this is something Blizzard can fix, as it is really a problem with how lua functions are returning the keys.

@SirSwirly - Yes! It is possible, and I have plans, dark, sinister plans...umm...no, but I do have plans! I plan to have options to define how a macro should auto-rewrite itself based on conditions, much like autobar.

@Dragonsblaze - okay, okay, working on it!

@Rakafu - woohoo! thanks

@sohvan - the key issue is not looking good in the short term. I have replied to the bug reports with more details.

@JohnJSal - The link option is to set up bar relations for different states. Like if you wanted to link a stance bar to paged bar while it is on page 3.

@bane32 - will do! It is one of the things I am working on for the next release, 30000.23

@highlanderhcs - see above

@JohnJSal - 1) Yes, see my repsonse above to you

2) Spells will auto-uprank.

3) Yes, but there is a bug when the buttons are locked, which is fixed for 30000.23

4) Just drag it out and click it on the game field.

5) Hmm, might be a bug, I will look into it. But if you make a bug report I will be sure to not forget it.

@Cakespoon - In 3.0.2, downranked spells actually cost more mana than the highest rank, so I am not sure you really want to down-rank. However, you can edit the macros - /mac edit - and add the ranks to the spells. For FFF it sounds like you do not have an updated version, need to update and then re-drag the spell from the spell book

@mediajunkie - See the FAQ for pet bar instructions. Razorgore would require a possess bar, similar to a pet bar, but handled differently by Blizzard. You set it up the same way as a pet, just check "possess" instead.

@SINLESSPAGAN - The FAQ walks you through it
Hahaha you responded to me on dual-boxing.com I'm going to go try it now.

Question, since it hides the bar unless you have a focus, would it be possible to have a checkbar to stop it from hiding? Basically a "show all the time" checkbox?

10-19-08, 05:55 AM   #205
t_gun
A Murloc Raider

Yes, i'm using Russian client.
How can i assist you?

10-19-08, 06:36 AM   #206
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by t_gun View Post
Yes, i'm using Russian client.
How can i assist you?
Code:
if (UnitSex("player") == 2) then

MACAROON_STRINGS.DRUID = "Druid"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.WARRIOR = "Warrior"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.ROGUE = "Rogue"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.PRIEST = "Priest"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.HUNTER = "Hunter"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.PALADIN = "Paladin"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.SHAMAN = "Shaman"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.MAGE = "Mage"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.WARLOCK = "Warlock"
else

MACAROON_STRINGS.DRUID = "Druid"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.WARRIOR = "Warrior"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.ROGUE = "Rogue"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.PRIEST = "Priest"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.HUNTER = "Hunter"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.PALADIN = "Paladin"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.SHAMAN = "Shaman"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.MAGE = "Mage"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.WARLOCK = "Warlock"
end
Give me the class names in Russian The top set is for male, the bottom is for female, if there is a difference on the Russian client. If not, just make both sets the same.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

10-19-08, 06:37 AM   #207
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Dragonsblaze View Post
Hahaha you responded to me on dual-boxing.com I'm going to go try it now.

Question, since it hides the bar unless you have a focus, would it be possible to have a checkbar to stop it from hiding? Basically a "show all the time" checkbox?
Possible...make a feature request

10-19-08, 07:27 AM   #208
t_gun
A Murloc Raider

Code:
if (UnitSex("player") == 2) then

MACAROON_STRINGS.DRUID = "Друид"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.WARRIOR = "Воин"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.ROGUE = "Разбойник"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.PRIEST = "Жрец"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.HUNTER = "Охотник"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.PALADIN = "Паладин"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.SHAMAN = "Шаман"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.MAGE = "Маг"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.WARLOCK = "Чернокнижник"
else

MACAROON_STRINGS.DRUID = "Друид"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.WARRIOR = "Воин"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.ROGUE = "Разбойница"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.PRIEST = "Жрица"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.HUNTER = "Охотница"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.PALADIN = "Паладин"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.SHAMAN = "Шаманка"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.MAGE = "Маг"
    MACAROON_STRINGS.WARLOCK = "Чернокнижница"
end

10-19-08, 07:35 AM   #209
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member
Possible...make a feature request
Where?!

10-19-08, 07:45 AM   #210
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by Dragonsblaze View Post
Where?!

Here!

These are some extra characters because apparently my message is too short to post otherwise....

10-19-08, 07:51 AM   #211
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

@t_gun - Okay, I added a new Russian localization file. If you want anything else in Russian, just edit that file when I next update with v30000.23 and update and email it back to me at [email protected]

This should solve your issues with Macaroon recognizing classes.

10-19-08, 08:05 AM   #212
Dragonsblaze
The Shadows Beckon...

Premium Member

Here!

These are some extra characters because apparently my message is too short to post otherwise....
Done done doneeeeeeee.

10-19-08, 04:34 PM   #213
t_gun
A Murloc Raider

@t_gun - Okay, I added a new Russian localization file. If you want anything else in Russian, just edit that file when I next update with v30000.23 and update and email it back to me at [email protected]

This should solve your issues with Macaroon recognizing classes.
Great thanks!
And when v30000.23 will released?
I'll try to translate other thing then

10-19-08, 05:05 PM   #214
crelix112
A Kobold Labourer
Figured it out!

Loving the addon, great work.

Last edited by crelix112 : 10-19-08 at 05:13 PM.

10-19-08, 08:36 PM   #215
bossmansmith
A Murloc Raider
thanks for response to expanded pet bar

so far i have just made a 14 button bar with 10 for petid and the other 4 for macros to use pet skills.

i guess what i am wondering if the highlgiht system can be setup to highlight the #show Lick your Wounds as being autocaston or autocastoff (much like the highlight found on petid 4-7)

i tried this macro
#show Lick your Wounds
/petautocaston [button:1] Lick your Wounds
/petautocastoff [button:2] Lick your Wounds

but there was no highlight when it was on (macro is from memory so might not be exact), i tried to set button to actionid and still didnt work

10-19-08, 08:37 PM   #216
juxtapose
A Murloc Raider
does anyone how to bind the spell to a key? for example i want flash heal to be "1" when i press, like the normal blizzard action bar we are using.

in this way, i don't have to move my cursor to click my spells, that will be fast if i can press "1" flash heal "2" power shield.

im new to addon thing, so sorry for the noob question

10-19-08, 09:38 PM   #217
agent swift
A Defias Bandit
Hey, is anyone else having trouble with the self-cast option not working for CTRL?

This is a bummer as I'm addicted to using CTRL-cast for my self cast, but I can't get it to work. I tried all combinations possible-- having the blizzard default one off and just Macaroon on, vice versa, and such.

Can anyone help me out with this? I'd really love to get CTRL to work as a self cast, again!

10-20-08, 12:28 AM   #218
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

Originally Posted by juxtapose View Post
does anyone how to bind the spell to a key? for example i want flash heal to be "1" when i press, like the normal blizzard action bar we are using.

in this way, i don't have to move my cursor to click my spells, that will be fast if i can press "1" flash heal "2" power shield.

im new to addon thing, so sorry for the noob question
Sure.
You create your buttons. Drag spells onto the keys, right?
Your buttons are all set up...
Now, you can shift-click the little reddish orange Macaroon button on your minimap to go into edit button binding mode.
You'll notice that now your buttons have the word "bind" on them.
Hover your mouse over, say, the flash heal button and hit the number 1 on your keyboard. That will bind the key 1 to flash heal. Click the Macaroon button again until you're out of edit mode.

A note:
If you're like me and use alt for self-cast, you need to actually set your self-cast key in the Macaroon menu to alt BEFORE dragging your buttons onto the bars. (Yeah...it's in the FAQ...)

Agent Swift: I just tested the keyboard modifiers and can't seem to get anything other than alt to work for self cast...I dunno if we're just doing something wrong, or what. Hopefully Maul will chime in on that one.

Hope this helps...

-T.

10-20-08, 12:36 AM   #219
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Is it possible to make bars that respond to macro commands? (So I can turn on and off buttons, like show my non-combat pet bar or my bar that I don't need often) Or to '/changeactionbar 1' in the macros?

Is it possible to bind keys to buttons? I hardly ever actually click on things.

Is it possible to bring back or add the graphic details like the Blizzard gryphons, or other graphical sets? I kinda like my graphics simple.

And is it possible to make sure everything is opaque, so as to not trigger some 99% opacity annoyance with sliders? And that 100% opaque is actually an option? (some addons seem to assume a maximum 50% opacity with some features for no reason)

-Crissa

10-20-08, 12:42 AM   #220
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
1) Well, I could point you to all sorts of information, but not sure it go to answering your question without learning a whole lot about addon making.
Oh, that's fine by me. Learning about addon making is why I'm here.

Basically, for their own UI, Blizzard created a button type called an "action button". With this button type comes certain parameters that any addon making action buttons cannot normally extend beyond. Some of these parameters people find limiting, such as that magic 120 number.
Yes. I hate it. A lot.

Action button = "cast spell stored on the server in action slot #"

Macro button = "cast spell I have defined locally on the client using macro conditionals"

So, what this means, is since all data is stored locally, you can have an unlmited number of buttons, as long as you have the hard-drive space and computer memory to store/load them.
Ohhh! I see. That's awesome.

So, here comes Macaroon. All other bar addons, for the most part, rely on the action ID system. For some users, this is fine. Others want/need more. Macaroon aims to supply that need.

Currently, profiles are no more than saved layouts. I will be fleshing out the feature more so that characters can share layouts, a true profile system
Cool!

I'm really liking this so far. I found the 120-action button thing fairly awful just because a feral druid can burn through a LOT of ability slots, and I tend to like to have tons of objects and things on bars. The one thing I notice that action buttons can do (and macro buttons can't or don't-yet) is display the number of uses-available in cases such as, say, the evergreen herb pouch. Action buttons (at least in Bongos) showed the available number of uses for that; Macaroon doesn't seem to know about it.

BTW, there may be something up with snap-to. I have a bag bar (one button) dragged over to the side of the screen, and if I load my profile, it works fine, but if I reload the UI, the bag bar appears centered. I'm wondering if, say, the profile records the bag's location relative to the bar it snapped to, and then when I log in, the bag gets placed before that bar?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Macaroon unofficial thread and docs: Feel the World of Macros!