03-19-12, 06:29 PM   #1
Goldpaw
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A suggestion for developers on how to prevent the SearchLFGLeave() taint

Ever seen this?
An action was blocked because of taint from <insert random innocent addon> - SearchLFGLeave()

This is caused by the LFRParentFrame's "OnHide" script located in the FrameXML\LFRFrame.xml file. Blizzard intended all browsing to be cleared from this frame 40 seconds after being hidden. It doesn't work as intended, as pretty much every addon developer in existence knows. 40 seconds after being hidden, it will cause a taint and blame a random addon for it.

For me the solution has been to simply remove that script. There is no real need to clear the browseresults after being hidden, and removing the script keeps everything taint-free.

Code:
LFRParentFrame:SetScript("OnHide", nil)
Add this to the startup of your addon, and help us keep the addon environment taint free. Remember that this taint will be blamed on any random addon in existence, so by adding this little snippet you are getting rid of a lot of false error reports on YOUR addon.

My apologies if this already is common knowledge or have been posted before. I'm terribad at using the search function. Whatever I search for brings up no results, even when I search for my own posts.

Regards
Lars Norberg

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info. » A suggestion for developers on how to prevent the SearchLFGLeave() taint