04-06-09, 08:25 AM   #1
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Look/Feel Configuration

I've been looking into maybe using Carbonite in my UI. I'm one of those OCD UI guys who has to tweak every last part of his UI. I've got a setup that I'm very happy with now but I think I could improve a good deal of the map/quest stuff using Carbonite. What are the look/feel configuration options like for the map/minimap parts of carbonite? Can I configure the background (color/texture), scale, border, font, transparency, etc.? I read somewhere that Carbonite doesn't replace the minimap, just the main map, is this right?

Sorry for all the questions!

Cheers,
Det.

04-06-09, 09:20 AM   #2
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
I've been looking into maybe using Carbonite in my UI. I'm one of those OCD UI guys who has to tweak every last part of his UI. I've got a setup that I'm very happy with now but I think I could improve a good deal of the map/quest stuff using Carbonite. What are the look/feel configuration options like for the map/minimap parts of carbonite? Can I configure the background (color/texture), scale, border, font, transparency, etc.? I read somewhere that Carbonite doesn't replace the minimap, just the main map, is this right?

Sorry for all the questions!

Cheers,
Det.
Yeah, you can do all that stuff for each Carbonite window. (I'm not 100% sure about font)

Carbonite can replace the minimap if you want. It basically makes a mini version of the world map, and it's actually way better than the default minimap.

04-06-09, 07:01 PM   #3
Sythalin
Curse staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
Yeah, you can do all that stuff for each Carbonite window. (I'm not 100% sure about font)

Carbonite can replace the minimap if you want. It basically makes a mini version of the world map, and it's actually way better than the default minimap.
Except that it won't show gathering icons from other mods, such as Gathermate, nor have details such as where roads/bridges/etc are. I suggest using the the "overlay" setup and reduce the transparency to around 70%.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Look/Feel Configuration