08-27-06, 05:28 PM   #1
wmrojer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How do I use :GetAceOptionsDataTable ?

Alot of the Ace2 modules provides a GetAceOptionsDataTable method. But how do I use it?
The method is not in the Ace2 documentation.

I'm looking for a way to add AceDebug-2.0 and AceDB-2.0 options to drop a down menu of a FuBar2 mod.
08-27-06, 10:30 PM   #2
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by wmrojer
Alot of the Ace2 modules provides a GetAceOptionsDataTable method. But how do I use it?
The method is not in the Ace2 documentation.

I'm looking for a way to add AceDebug-2.0 and AceDB-2.0 options to drop a down menu of a FuBar2 mod.
You don't need this just to add option to the FuBar 2.0 options. You can just add to the normal FuBar option menu (available on right-click).

You create an option table as described here: http://wiki.wowace.com/index.php/AceOptions_data_table and then like the option to FooBar by setting
Code:
YourAddOn.OnMenuRequest = options
. Of course, you have more then that to do to have a workable FuBar addon but the option menu part is real easy with FuBar-2.0.

Hope that helps
08-28-06, 11:21 AM   #3
wmrojer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Ok. Maybe I wasn't very clear.

I have an drop down meny on my addon, and on sublevel 2 Options I would like to add AceDebug-2.0 AceOptions menu. AceDebug-2.0 has a very simple options menu with just one toggle for Debugging on or off. So I figured since i exports it with the method :GetAceOptionsDataTable that I somehow could use that to insert that in my menu.

My problem is, since my class inherits from a bounce of classes, how do I get hold of AceDebugs version of the Method? And not, say AceDB's. And is there a prefered way of inserting that table?

As an added level of difficulty my addon has dynamic drop down menu, so it's not using an AceOptions table, but it calls Dewdrop directly.
08-29-06, 08:01 AM   #4
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

You're totally out of my league now :-). I see you have posted your question on the Ace forum. I hope you'll have better luck there.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » How do I use :GetAceOptionsDataTable ?