07-26-08, 09:15 PM   #1
Acirac
A Defias Bandit
Event for determining offline status

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an event that I could use to check if a party or raid member is diconnected. I know that there is PARTY_MEMBER_DISABLE, but in one of the 2.4 patches it no longers returns the unit affected. Is that still the best option to use along with a loop that cycles the raid to determine which unit was affecte, or is there a better way?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
07-26-08, 09:20 PM   #2
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Acirac View Post
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with an event that I could use to check if a party or raid member is diconnected. I know that there is PARTY_MEMBER_DISABLE, but in one of the 2.4 patches it no longers returns the unit affected. Is that still the best option to use along with a loop that cycles the raid to determine which unit was affecte, or is there a better way?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have actually wondered this as well, because different unit frames and tooltip mods seem to catch offlines at different times.

For example: The other day, praid caught an offline notice, and pitbull didn't pick it up at all, but when the person came back online, the offline stuck on praid. Then, an hour later, someone else dcd, and neither caught it, but the basic blizzard tooltip did (late, but it still eventually caught it.)

This leads me to assume (assume since I have not dissected codes) that they are using different events or the online/offline event is set to refresh? be checked? less frequently on one?

Wish I could help.
07-26-08, 10:35 PM   #3
Neuro
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
I have actually wondered this as well, because different unit frames and tooltip mods seem to catch offlines at different times.

For example: The other day, praid caught an offline notice, and pitbull didn't pick it up at all, but when the person came back online, the offline stuck on praid. Then, an hour later, someone else dcd, and neither caught it, but the basic blizzard tooltip did (late, but it still eventually caught it.)

This leads me to assume (assume since I have not dissected codes) that they are using different events or the online/offline event is set to refresh? be checked? less frequently on one?

Wish I could help.
I believe it has to do with being in combat or no when doing LD or coming back, since praid uses secure frames.
07-26-08, 10:50 PM   #4
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by NeuroMedivh View Post
I believe it has to do with being in combat or no when doing LD or coming back, since praid uses secure frames.

but I thought Pitbull did as well, so why would one throw change the status and the other not?

Either way, I hope someone can help the OP.
08-08-08, 05:07 PM   #5
Acirac
A Defias Bandit
Still looking for an answer if anyone could help
08-08-08, 05:54 PM   #6
Duugu
Premium Member

I'm pretty sure that there are only two ways to determine the online/offline status:

- GetRaidRosterInfo()
- UnitIsConnected()

You'll have to iterate over all raid members.

(every unit/raid frame I've seen so far works in this way... even blizzard's)

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Event for determining offline status