Quantcast Automatically Track/Untrack Addons by Zone - WoWInterface
Thread Tools Display Modes
06-09-18, 10:10 AM   #1
JDoubleU00
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
JDoubleU00's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 332
Automatically Track/Untrack Addons by Zone

I thought there was an addon that would track/untrack quests as you entered/left a zone. I know Phanx's addon Zone Achievement Tracker does this for achievements. Perhaps I've just looked right at it and missed the addon.

Thanks
__________________
Author of JWExpBar and JWRepBar.
  Reply With Quote
06-10-18, 11:19 AM   #2
Nimhfree
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 242
Are you talking about an addon that can tell you what quests are available in a specific zone? There are a few but in my biased opinion I would suggest the combination of Wholly and Grail. Together they can tell you lots of information about quests in all zones.
  Reply With Quote
06-10-18, 01:55 PM   #3
JDoubleU00
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
JDoubleU00's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 332
Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
Are you talking about an addon that can tell you what quests are available in a specific zone? There are a few but in my biased opinion I would suggest the combination of Wholly and Grail. Together they can tell you lots of information about quests in all zones.
I have those two and they work really well. I was trying to say an addon that would track all quests for a zone when you entered it and then untrack them when you left so that your quest tracker only has the quests for that zone. I thought there was something, but my brain probably mis-remembered.
__________________
Author of JWExpBar and JWRepBar.
  Reply With Quote
06-11-18, 10:25 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer
 
Xrystal's Avatar
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,143
Originally Posted by JDoubleU00 View Post
I have those two and they work really well. I was trying to say an addon that would track all quests for a zone when you entered it and then untrack them when you left so that your quest tracker only has the quests for that zone. I thought there was something, but my brain probably mis-remembered.
I've only seen a World Quest Tracker addon do that. I was contemplating investigating the possibility of a normal quest tracker that listed all available ones in the current zone, but not had the opportunity yet.
__________________
  Reply With Quote
06-12-18, 07:52 AM   #5
Nimhfree
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 242
So you mean putting the ones that you have in your quest log into Blizzard's quest tracker when you enter a zone, and changing them when you enter a new zone. Sounds like something that might make a good addition to Wholly. I will see if I can get some time to research it.
  Reply With Quote
06-12-18, 06:09 PM   #6
JDoubleU00
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
 
JDoubleU00's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 332
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
I've only seen a World Quest Tracker addon do that. I was contemplating investigating the possibility of a normal quest tracker that listed all available ones in the current zone, but not had the opportunity yet.
Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
So you mean putting the ones that you have in your quest log into Blizzard's quest tracker when you enter a zone, and changing them when you enter a new zone. Sounds like something that might make a good addition to Wholly. I will see if I can get some time to research it.
Any research would be much appreciated.
__________________
Author of JWExpBar and JWRepBar.
  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Automatically Track/Untrack Addons by Zone

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off