10-22-12, 06:54 PM   #1
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
losing control of map in combat.

Bit of a problem..
Carbonite 5.054
I was questing on my monk and had stopped to check the map on where to go next, when suddenly I was attacked by a random mob. I had a full size map at the time.

When I hit "M" to close the map it just switched between close zoom and far zoom. I was unable to close the map.
The ESC key didn't work either, neither did the little x in the top right corner of carb.

Thankfully a guildie was close by and being on vent he helped me out.

When the combat had ended I regained control of my map.

Has anyone else had this problem or could someone please try to recreate it and post back so it's not just a problem my end?

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 10-22-12 at 08:22 PM.

10-22-12, 08:54 PM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Update,

After further testing, this time with the map minimised (mini map)
Pressing the "m" key switches between close zoom and further away zoom on the mini map... I am unable to open the map full size in combat.

This happens on all my toons

I'm not getting any error though.

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 10-22-12 at 08:56 PM.

10-23-12, 06:38 AM   #3
Felwhisper
A Fallenroot Satyr

confirmed this happened to me yesterday after downloading the new update. i've died once to it already because i was running through some monsters with the full screen map open and all pressing M did was zoom the map in and out, i couldn't see where i was going so i died.

going back to the old version for now until this gets fixed.

10-23-12, 09:36 AM   #4
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

I'm so glad it's not just me... lol

I did see the other thread, with the reply from good old Rythal...

It's no big deal, With an addon as huge and complex as this there is bound to be teething problems when changes are made.

10-23-12, 09:59 AM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
no it's not just you I was testing it myself and saw the same result... I *think* it's the arch blobs fault since that's the only major change between the two versions (well quest blobs too but same thing), but it's not generating any errors which is bizarre, and happens even if arch blobs are turned off...

10-23-12, 10:28 AM   #6
dhjohn
A Fallenroot Satyr
I found that the map will still hide if "Hide in Combat" is selected, so at least I can have it hide in case I get surprised.
Also, I haven't gotten the Interface action error sense I checked that.

10-23-12, 11:17 AM   #7
Felwhisper
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
no it's not just you I was testing it myself and saw the same result... I *think* it's the arch blobs fault since that's the only major change between the two versions (well quest blobs too but same thing), but it's not generating any errors which is bizarre, and happens even if arch blobs are turned off...
funny that you mentioned this because my objective list every once in a while still start opening and closing on it's own at ludicrous speed. same with my minimap it will just flash rapidly. i reloaded the game and it went away but i didnt take note of anything that i knew of that triggered it. next time i'll see if i can catch it if happens again.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map in combat.