11-18-08, 11:23 AM   #21
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes, or Discord. But, sorry, Lykofos, but PitBull is easier to wrap your head around than Discord. But Discord is *more* customizable than Pitbull.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-19-08, 12:53 AM   #22
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Those are all great suggestions and although this thread started as Lightweight it seems to have moved to Customization, ag_UF and oUF are still the kings of light weight addons that I've tried. Pitbull and XPerl were always fairly high on the list.
11-19-08, 02:46 AM   #23
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well here's a screenshot of my UI so far:

TODO:
- make the bottom left bar auto-hide
- show you screenshots of combat, party and raid stuff :P

I'm only using Pitbull for Party, Party Pets, Main Tanks & Main Tank Targets now.
Raid frames are Grid, and all other Unitframes are DaHud. It's not intended to be a unitframe replacement, but I felt creative and it works wonders ^_^
11-19-08, 03:00 AM   #24
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Reminds me a bunch of SadUI. Off to a good start, I used a layout like that for a loooong time. I'm switched to Deslim's UI recently and it's pretty awesome.

Look forward to seeing it progress!
11-19-08, 03:07 AM   #25
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Oooh that one seems to have a much better incorporation of the raidframes than I currently have (they sit on top of the box)

The only downside seems to be the 25 units, I play AV occasionally, and as a healer on my Paladin it's rather useful to see everyone in the raid >.<

I'll need to figure something out for that.
11-19-08, 03:20 AM   #26
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

To fix that I just extended the Grid frame to the left to accommodate the extra units, and you could add an extended panel for that if needed.
11-19-08, 05:04 AM   #27
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

For a good look at a lightweight list you can take a look at my compilation WulfPack.
Mostly lightweight addons yet providing all the functionality i consider a must have. A few heavy addons in there that i usualy run only in specific situations are: LightHeaded, QuestHelper, and Recount. IceHud and Autobar are medium weight but i rely on them to much to do without. Have been debating on adding Incubator back in but i just dont find much need for respawn timers anymore, and Combuctor may soon be added replacing movable bags. Not real happy with ItemRack anymore either but dont like most of the other equip addons ive found....
not for pleasure
but for survival
11-19-08, 09:57 AM   #28
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by spiritwulf View Post
For a good look at a lightweight list you can take a look at my compilation WulfPack.
Mostly lightweight addons yet providing all the functionality i consider a must have. A few heavy addons in there that i usualy run only in specific situations are: LightHeaded, QuestHelper, and Recount. IceHud and Autobar are medium weight but i rely on them to much to do without. Have been debating on adding Incubator back in but i just dont find much need for respawn timers anymore, and Combuctor may soon be added replacing movable bags. Not real happy with ItemRack anymore either but dont like most of the other equip addons ive found....
Looks like a decent list.

They're not all really lightweight though.

Examples & suggestions between (): Cartographer (Mapster), ATSW (doublewidetradeskills maybe?), Recount (definitely Violation!), DBM (BigWigs)

And I think there are lighter alternatives to IceHUD as well, but can't comment too much on that one.

The most important ones seem to be Cartographer and Recount though, I compared them when replacing my addons with Mapster and Violation, and the memory/CPU usage difference was rather big. Heck I even had Mapster + TomTom + Gathermate instead of Cartographer running. :P
11-21-08, 01:07 AM   #29
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

I suggest Skillet instead of ATSW.

I'm still playing with several map mods. I'm a big fan of cartographer but with its lack of updates and memory usage I am looking for alternatives. Needs to have scalability, instance maps, POI, player/guild location. I'm trying Mapster + GatherMate atm, but going to try Atlas again (been a year or two )

11-24-08, 04:18 AM   #30
AnrDaemon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Can anyone please explain me, why just about EVERYONE cluttering the most important bottom-center area? You'll seriously hate all your UI at the times you'll need to track something that quickly going back under your... well, nose. And that happens more often than you may be thinking about.
11-24-08, 08:45 AM   #31
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by AnrDaemon View Post
Can anyone please explain me, why just about EVERYONE cluttering the most important bottom-center area? You'll seriously hate all your UI at the times you'll need to track something that quickly going back under your... well, nose. And that happens more often than you may be thinking about.
Nah, I put the main things I need there for the exact reason that I won't lose track of it there.

I usually play fully zoomed out too, so nothing's gonna be "hidden" beneath that bar. I've never had a problem with that, and I've been playing for a long long time.
11-24-08, 08:52 AM   #32
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by AnrDaemon View Post
As the poster above me does, I normally play fully zoomed out (I use a mod to pull my camera out beyond the default). Anything that I will need to keep track of (HP/Power, critical cooldowns and procs, etc.) is near the center of my screen.

Those of lessor importance (buttons, coords, MiniMap is down in the lower part of my screen while anything of non essential importance is kept in the upper part of my screen. Some people might consider the MiniMap to be part of the latter group, however since I can track humanoids, in a PvP situation that ability is quite nice to see at a glance thus middle importance.

Eveyone has their own playstyles and what may be optimal for your may totally hinder someone else.
11-24-08, 09:03 AM   #33
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Same as the above 2 posters, I keep it all at the bottom. I use a viewport also to keep visibility optimized.
11-25-08, 08:27 AM   #34
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Most people put things at the bottom center as it's out of the way yet easily accessible. As a raiding tank, I learn most of my keybindings like the back of my hand and rarely have to look at my buttons. My cooldown/triggers flash to the right of my character via MSBT and the incoming damage/heals are to the left.

I've tried putting my unit frames to the left/right of my actual toon but I found they got in the way of multi-target tanking.
11-26-08, 05:17 AM   #35
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Skimmed the topic, so apologies if you used this for a specific reason, but have you tried eXPeritia? It's no micro-addon, but it's certainly not large. Just thought I'd mention as I personally find your EXP bar an eyesore.

Are you still after anything specific? Perhaps I could offer a few suggestions, as most of the addons I use are very tiny.

P.S. You can do anything you want with your raid frames if you use oUF. Many downloadable layouts include an excellent base for grid-styled raid frames.
11-26-08, 08:01 AM   #36
Narune
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

It's been a little while since I used Skinner, but from what I remember, you shouldn't need it at all if you are using KgPanels. They both do the same thing. I use KgPanels these days, and love it.

11-26-08, 08:05 AM   #37
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Narune View Post
It's been a little while since I used Skinner, but from what I remember, you shouldn't need it at all if you are using KgPanels. They both do the same thing. I use KgPanels these days, and love it.
They don't though, Skinner is an addon that literally skins all your frames in WoW, while kgpanels only serves as background panels.

And yes, I agree that I need a new xpbar :P
I used eXperitia before, but somehow lost it and forgot about it.
11-26-08, 08:10 AM   #38
Narune
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Oops, my mistake. I was thinking of an older mod named "Skins" that was a very basic sort of panel mod.

11-26-08, 08:38 AM   #39
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Psoewish View Post
They don't though, Skinner is an addon that literally skins all your frames in WoW, while kgpanels only serves as background panels.

And yes, I agree that I need a new xpbar :P
I used eXperitia before, but somehow lost it and forgot about it.
I create my panels with Skinner, use it for viewport, and to skin various things I dislike having as default. Skinner is a lot more versatile than a lot of people realize.
11-26-08, 01:00 PM   #40
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I create my panels with Skinner, use it for viewport, and to skin various things I dislike having as default. Skinner is a lot more versatile than a lot of people realize.
You can make panels with Skinner?

I'm gonna have to go try that one then.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Lightweight addons