01-05-09, 12:22 AM   #2241
Warderbrad
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by fred View Post
Meh, your fine.

escape, the interface, addons...I believe that's how it goes.

Maybe kodewulf could give you a few pointers...alot has been coming from that author.I know from experience Scott doesn't mind people coding extra addons....I think that he intended for that from the beginning.
I did a reload and added in a few mods that I liked and wanted back and when I went to edit them it was there. So all is well now.

I do have a question I am not sure about. I wanted to use a different minimap. The options say you can turn off NUI's control of the minimap and I tried that. While I could drag the map out of the area where NUI puts it. If I click the button on the right hand panel to show something else then the minimap disappears. Does that indicate that NUI is still controlling the minimap or could it be a bug? A second thing I noticed is that when I turned off the upper frame area that the micro Menu went away and even with Bartender I could not get it back. Is there a work around for that?

Originally Posted by fred View Post
And if you ever feel like you need a real flaming...go to WoWAce forums...they will cut you down and shred you over there
I have and that is why I don't go there for anything anymore. Too many prepubescents trying to deal with their new testosterone.

Last edited by Warderbrad : 01-05-09 at 07:18 AM.

01-05-09, 01:15 AM   #2242
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Warderbrad View Post
I did a reload and added in a few mods that I liked and wanted back and when I went to edit them it was there. So all is well now.
I'm currently trying to track down an error with the external libs when loading only nUI: Config [GUI]. It seems that not all the external libraries needed are loaded properly. When you enabled your other addons, it's a good bet that one of the libraries needed was loaded and that's why it showed up.

01-05-09, 03:12 AM   #2243
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
It's not your install Selenia -- appears to be a new bug.
Ah, okay. Thank you for the quick reply!

01-05-09, 03:14 AM   #2244
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

To use another mod for the minimap you must disable NUIs contol first when you log in look in the chat window it will say NUI minimap managment enabled or disabled if its still on simply type /nui minimap that will disable it dont mind marth he likes to growl at people his bark is worse than his bite though
Heres a scren shot of the 5 man layout when i get a chance ill see if i can catch a 10 man but as marth said the others are still in the making
as for the mirco menu instead of turning the top console off just set it to mouse over so you can get the bar when you want it otherwise if you type nui movers you can put the micro bar where ever you want

To set the top console to mouse over just type /nui console mouseover
Most if not all of these options can now be acessed from kodewulfs new gui too but im not sure which ones as ive been useing the slash commands for awhile now and ive only ran thru the new gui quick to check it out
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_121108_181936.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	344.3 KB
ID:	2164  

Last edited by neuralassassin : 01-05-09 at 03:18 AM.

01-05-09, 04:07 AM   #2245
Delmara
A Fallenroot Satyr
A second thing I noticed is that when I turned off the upper frame area that the micro Menu went away and even with Bartender I could not get it back. Is there a work around for that?
If the mouseover option or any of the other tips you were given don't work for you try the skin nUI_Transparent_Console in nUI's "optional files" section. I just posted it so it may be a little while before it's available. Basically what I did is created a skin to make the console graphics transparent. So what you will have is nUI's default thin black skin for the dashboard and no skin for the console. You'll still see the micro menu, ping time, and fps indicators.

This skin may cause some graphics issues with fubar and titan panel if you use those. By "issues" I mean that fubar/titan panel may not blend in nicely with the console graphics if you have a bar at the top of the screen. The functionality of fubar/titan panel will still work tho.

I made the addon mainly for myself because I want to see the information that is shown on the console, but don't like the perceived real estate the console graphics take up and didn't like nUI's mouseover option. So instead of complaining I did something about it.

01-05-09, 05:21 AM   #2246
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Also how do I access the GUI? I downloaded it and put it into the Addons folder. Should it have gone into the subfolder for NUI? I don't see a button and there are no slash commands listed.
An alternate way to get to the GUI screen is by typing /nuiconfig or /nuigui in the chat window.

01-05-09, 06:28 AM   #2247
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
An alternate way to get to the GUI screen is by typing /nuiconfig or /nuigui in the chat window.
If you download this version you should be able to access the configuration GUI using
Code:
/nuigui
or
Code:
/nui gui

01-05-09, 07:18 AM   #2248
Warderbrad
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thanks for all the replies.

I know it was said before but a more detailed description of some of the bars in the HUD would be a great addition to the documentation. For me it is mostly the two smaller bars that appear inside the target's bar once battle has started (I have my HUD set to me on the left and target on the right). The life and mana bars are obvious but those two are not discussed in the documentation like the health race one is.

01-05-09, 10:48 AM   #2249
ThaRalMatix
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hi,

i have a little Question. Would it beposible to edit the Runes for DK that they could be hidden? There's a - in mi opinion - good Addon called RuneWatch which hides the default blizzard runes and uses its own system (which shows a lot more information) but it doesnt hide the runes used by nui

regards

Gunnar

01-05-09, 11:03 AM   #2250
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

If you read the patch notes scotts working on adding in timers and everything for the runes as they are still a work in progress but I guess NOBODY reads them for some strange reason
If youd like to tell scott what you like about Runewatch maybe he can add those things in if they are doable and pratical to the majority of users it is the purpose of this mod to be a full replacement so you dont have to run other mods

Last edited by neuralassassin : 01-05-09 at 12:59 PM.

01-05-09, 11:17 AM   #2251
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Are these the two bars you are refering to warbrad?
excuse my horrible paintshop skills
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_010509_120636.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	2167  

Last edited by neuralassassin : 01-05-09 at 11:24 AM.

01-05-09, 01:09 PM   #2252
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Hey scott just noticed today with carbonite installed and the option to show quest info in the tool tips checked it causes tool tips for auras and or buffs that have to do with a quest to bug out and flash between showing the info and not. For example the quest in the deathknight intr where you mount the frostwyrm that aura is bugged Ive seen on a couple others too just thought you should know so you can add it to the list of known issues

As a side note hopefully us all chipping in to answer questions from other users alleviates some of the hassle of answering the same thing over and over again
So that you can continue to work on the good stuff

01-05-09, 01:50 PM   #2253
Warderbrad
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
Are these the two bars you are refering to warbrad?
excuse my horrible paintshop skills
Yes those are the bars I am unsure about.

01-05-09, 05:15 PM   #2254
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Question Intermittent FPS problem still?

I'm getting reports of intermittent FPS drops in the 4.10.00 release periodically dropping the FPS from 50-60 down to 12 or 14 even in the world at large or solo questing.

Is this an issue everyone is experiencing? Some feedback on who is and is not seeing this issue and if you are seeing it, what kind of FPS drop at what interval(s) and under what conditions would be most helpful.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-05-09, 06:16 PM   #2255
bakes82
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ive seen it just standing in dalaran by the BG portals with no one arround, also in the Strand while on a gun shooting with maybe 5-7 other people arround. It went from 40-60fps down to 3 I ended up having to ctr+alt+del to end the task to fix it.

01-05-09, 06:19 PM   #2256
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by bakes82 View Post
Ive seen it just standing in dalaran by the BG portals with no one arround, also in the Strand while on a gun shooting with maybe 5-7 other people arround. It went from 40-60fps down to 3 I ended up having to ctr+alt+del to end the task to fix it.
With the 4.10.00 release? o.O

Or an earlier release?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-05-09, 07:13 PM   #2257
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I have not had any problems with FPS except a very minor one while flying but that was before you commented out the profiling bit in 4.07 I think. Since then everything's been running great and I have mine with all effects on high so.....

-Warderbrad those bars are your targets targets health and mana in that pic I was solo so they were duplicates of mine

01-05-09, 07:21 PM   #2258
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

ive been getting that as well in Dalaran. Everything will be running fine then just flat bogs down. Occassionaly happening while taking a flight path as well. If on a flight path i usualy get dumped from the server completely. In Dal usualy just gets so bogged down its like running 1 frame every 20 seconds. I would normaly just atribute that to the 'Look theres 5000 people in Dal" situation but throw in the flight path situation and it has me a little concerned. Occasional stalls while questing.
If i can manage to work in a reload or if im forced to log back in it is usualy corected. I am hesitant to blame it on nUI as i have a strong belief that Blizz is doing something behind the scenes because there are just too many people out there having all kinds of mini lag issues etc. Dosnt help that my server is packed.

As an added note i have noticed the memory usage on nUI climbing since i first started using it about a month ago. Originaly nUI was running consistently under 5mb of mem, often times less than autobar, and now is more consistent in the 9-10mb range. I expect with modifications and as more features are added to nUI that the mem usage will go up slightly and this may be the cause, ill leave that up to you to judge. Dont know if it is related but just thought id toss it in there.
not for pleasure
but for survival

Last edited by spiritwulf : 01-05-09 at 07:28 PM. Reason: added note

01-05-09, 08:02 PM   #2259
bakes82
A Fallenroot Satyr
I was running 4.08. Just installed 4.10 and its like my FPS have gone down overall this is just me flying arround ZulDrak but could just be me seeing things as I dont usually pay too much attention to FPS until it starts to stutter.

I installed a previous version just to make sure and there is a slight FPS drop some place it might be more worse than this.

This was a quick test on my laptop:
20" HP Dragon Laptop
1920x1200
8800GTS 512MB
4gb RAM
2x 120GB 7200 Drives (non stripe)
Vista x64

Last edited by bakes82 : 01-05-09 at 08:23 PM.

01-06-09, 12:04 PM   #2260
Warderbrad
Premium Member
Premium Member
Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
-Warderbrad those bars are your targets targets health and mana in that pic I was solo so they were duplicates of mine
OK that makes sense, I am 90% of the time solo. Is there any way in times when you are solo that the target's target would not show up. Or have an option for that?
This is just a suggestion.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement