10-19-10, 05:40 AM   #1
Helidoc
Hoghead

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Add on Missing

I posted a fan update to an addon that has been up for almost two weeks and all of a suddon it's no longer there. I received no communication from anyone here that it violated any policies or there was anything wrong with it. Could someone let me know whats going on with it, is it a bug in your database etc.
10-19-10, 12:40 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It was removed due to copyright violation. The original author contacted us and requested that it be removed. My apologies for not contacting you, I thought I sent you a PM at the same time as I removed it, but I guess I got distracted by something else at the same time and just forgot, having thought I'd sent it. Again, my apologies for not having contacted you.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
10-19-10, 02:26 PM   #3
Helidoc
Hoghead

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Understood and thanks for the reply.

While I do not agree with their assesment of copyright law as their own addon was borrowed/based from another addon as stated in their own lua file and the particular function of it is from the original author of the UI , I based my update on the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107,17 U.S.C. §102(b) and Lexmark Int’l, Inc. v. Static Control Components, Inc., 387 F.3d 522, 535 (6th Cir. 2004).

While I will not debate it being pulled as you must do what you can to preserve the site. It was an update to an addon that was outdated by two game patches and 13 revisions of the add on it was a plugin to.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Add on Missing