12-15-08, 11:32 AM   #81
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Good to hear and it's looking good Mikey keep up the good work.
12-15-08, 04:40 PM   #82
Erdolliel
A Kobold Labourer
This is looking really good, thanks for the hard work!
I do have two small issues, the first being the two chat logs on the right side of the bottom of the screen won't show up. And the second is the text always defaults to size 12, which is way too big. I followed the directions in the help file, and I re-installed the whole thing once, but it's still doing it.

Minor issues really, but any idea why this might be happening? I'll out right admit that I -might- have missed something, but I really don't think I did.
12-15-08, 05:41 PM   #83
sora420
An Aku'mai Servant
gotta love them gold spammers in whisper ^^ but yeah gj looks good
12-15-08, 06:09 PM   #84
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
hitsmode and prat are what control the boxes on the right, now i have gone through step by step and have included screenshots to help with new install.

prat and hitsmode seem to have a problem remembering where the windows should be set in the profiles and i have commented this to the dev teams. so we do need to do some setup, on the upside i managed to remove some of the old code from discord unit frames and i was running a good 79 fps in iron forge on the testing but that will change with the builds of end users pc's

i have done my best here to keep us going and dont know whats happening with mazzleui. as i said this was only meant to be a tempory thing to keep us going

a few things have changed in this build and you may find you need to put a few more mods, i swapped out sanity for arkinventory and this has fixed more of the bugs that are in the current build

so like i said this will be up for download very soon - when im happy i cant bring this any closer to mazzleui
12-16-08, 01:18 AM   #85
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs up

Was lookin thru some old in-game screenies and wondered how Mazzle was doing. Great job mikey. Am tempted to try it out on an alt, but it looks so old school lol.. almost quaint. Not sure if I want to sub my mods for the ones in your UI; but it really looks good. I'll be checkin back to see when your latest version is released.
12-16-08, 08:24 AM   #86
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Erurainon View Post
Was lookin thru some old in-game screenies and wondered how Mazzle was doing. Great job mikey. Am tempted to try it out on an alt, but it looks so old school lol.. almost quaint. Not sure if I want to sub my mods for the ones in your UI; but it really looks good. I'll be checkin back to see when your latest version is released.
tbh, the main part of the ui are the panels at the bottom of the screen and some functions that people are used to from mazzle, i have created this ui in such a way that if there are mods you prefer over others you can just swap them out, doing this will not break the ui as it did with mazzle

the key componants are kgpanels, prat and hismode and any bar mode that you like to use. and discord unit frames which can actually be swapped out for any other if you do not mind losing the mazzle look

it was originally created because im stuck in my ways and didnt want to wait for mazzle to be fixed. after looking on these forums i saw that there were people in the same situation and have offered this until mazzleui was in such a state that it could be released

but yes it is sooo old school but then like anything, its ifs not broken, dont fix it.
12-16-08, 12:28 PM   #87
sora420
An Aku'mai Servant
im just curious how is it old school looking? i mean it looks better then most the ui's ive seen, ok spartan ui looks alittle more fancy but its terrible to use with its stupid auto pop up xp bar etc and it doesnt have the nice animated 3d models, so im just wondering what is not old school lol
12-16-08, 01:19 PM   #88
JuGGaLoLoVe
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

The general look is " old Shcool " since some of us have had this style UI for about 3 years. But what makes it great is the new mods. The Old look and feel we have always loved, but with new functionality and customization
12-16-08, 03:28 PM   #89
sora420
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by JuGGaLoLoVe View Post
The general look is " old Shcool " since some of us have had this style UI for about 3 years. But what makes it great is the new mods. The Old look and feel we have always loved, but with new functionality and customization
ah right, might be just my love for its feel/look but i dont see any better looking ui's around in general
12-17-08, 12:10 PM   #90
Dissident
An Aku'mai Servant
Just a question on the key components to make this look the way it does.

kgpanels
Prat
Hitsmode
Discord Unit Frames

Is that it?

How about the raid icons and targeting hotspots?

Also what does the switching of the party layout to raid layout?

I want my mazzle look back and want the raid icons and hotspots back, but i would like to keep most of my function that I have from ArkiveUI. A lot may be similar anyway, but I like my auto bar setup with a class bar, etc etc.

Thanks in advance.
12-17-08, 06:28 PM   #91
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Dissident View Post
Just a question on the key components to make this look the way it does.

kgpanels
Prat
Hitsmode
Discord Unit Frames

Is that it?

How about the raid icons and targeting hotspots?

Also what does the switching of the party layout to raid layout?

I want my mazzle look back and want the raid icons and hotspots back, but i would like to keep most of my function that I have from ArkiveUI. A lot may be similar anyway, but I like my auto bar setup with a class bar, etc etc.

Thanks in advance.
i have been working on this ui now for a few months and with each release i bring a bit more closer to the original mazzleui, but saying that i used those main componants so that everyone can substitute which addons they wanted to. so the major part is kgpanels and discord unit frames, you can use any bar mod thatt you like.

the target icons and hotspots are also done with kgpanels and some onclick commands which can be changed to do what you want.

this also has autobar and you can set this to what you have now, but ill say that this ui has slightly more memory useage then arkive which in my opinion is an awesome ui, and very well put together.

with regard to the switching from party to raid this is done by settings to hide party frames in raid
12-17-08, 07:51 PM   #92
Dissident
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by mikey2k View Post
i have been working on this ui now for a few months and with each release i bring a bit more closer to the original mazzleui, but saying that i used those main componants so that everyone can substitute which addons they wanted to. so the major part is kgpanels and discord unit frames, you can use any bar mod thatt you like.

the target icons and hotspots are also done with kgpanels and some onclick commands which can be changed to do what you want.

this also has autobar and you can set this to what you have now, but ill say that this ui has slightly more memory useage then arkive which in my opinion is an awesome ui, and very well put together.

with regard to the switching from party to raid this is done by settings to hide party frames in raid
Thank you for the reply.

I am not so concerned on the memory usage, my system if plenty beefy, I just miss a few minor things that Arkive does not have. That being said I love Arkive's UI and the fact that he updates it so often is fabulous.

What I don't like is pitbul, and I miss my sexy mazzle graphics/panels. I have added my own hotspots and raid icons to arkive, but your UI looks very very good.

I think I am going to give it a go as soon as you release the new update!
12-19-08, 12:08 AM   #93
Dissident
An Aku'mai Servant
but still cant ge the raid icons to go away when solo or not leader or assistant in a raid, any ideas?
No idea if this would work or not, but if they are set up as a panel of their own, could you use an "onload" and "onevent" script?

OnLoad something like this:

self:RegisterEvent("PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED")
self:RegisterEvent("RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE")

OnEvent something like this:

local pmems = GetNumPartyMembers()
local rmems = GetNumRaidMembers()
if (pmems < 1 and rmems < 6) then
self:Hide()
else
self:Show()
end

This would not solve the not being leader problem, but maybe the show/hide when not in a group or raid?
12-19-08, 07:11 PM   #94
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Someone pointed me in the direction of your ui for a possible death knight color fix. I did try out the discord version you have but it does not seem to have updates to support the class color. Any plans on doing that? I can link some fixes that i have found but my attempts to fix my duf have failed. I must be doing something wrong.
12-20-08, 09:50 AM   #95
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
Someone pointed me in the direction of your ui for a possible death knight color fix. I did try out the discord version you have but it does not seem to have updates to support the class color. Any plans on doing that? I can link some fixes that i have found but my attempts to fix my duf have failed. I must be doing something wrong.
hi, ok some confusion here lol, i havent yet released the new version of freshui as i am working out a few quirks. the pics at the top show what to expect. i will post one of the death knight soon

Last edited by mikey2k : 12-20-08 at 11:45 AM. Reason: picture added
12-20-08, 01:06 PM   #96
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
freshui updated

update is now up for widescreen users only at the moment.

i just want to see how this one goes as i resize for other screen modes, as i dont want to release and re-release

anyway let me know any issues you come up against and ill try get any fixes out tha may be needed, hoping theres not too many as i spent a lot of time working out what i could find
12-20-08, 01:52 PM   #97
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Still having issues with the death knight issue and duf. But it does seem like you have made some good progress. They have been added but now druids are sharing the same color.

Also if i target lets say a paladin, then i target a death knight the death knights class/bar color changes to the paladin color along with the name being paladin class colored.
12-20-08, 02:00 PM   #98
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
ok let me check this out again lol
12-20-08, 02:08 PM   #99
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

ok let me check this out again lol

now i did move the death knight code that was in the options main xml to be above the druid instead of below and that kinda started to work. You can see death knight and druid overlap each other now in the menu but i can't click the swatch for the color.
12-20-08, 07:17 PM   #100
mikey2k
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
now i did move the death knight code that was in the options main xml to be above the druid instead of below and that kinda started to work. You can see death knight and druid overlap each other now in the menu but i can't click the swatch for the color.

tbh i think its going to be a limitation of discord, even tho i have applied code and added dk's to the context, with the current setup i cant even get the code ($co) to apply the colour, not even for other classes.

think that discord has been repaired so many times now that we are going to slowly start losing functions. imo it needs a fresh rewrite.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » Freshui - Mazzle wannabe