07-29-10, 08:40 AM   #1
megatf
A Kobold Labourer
Can you send Private messages? (ncNameplates)

I"m really trying to get ahold of the Author Nightcracker. He made this mod:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ameplates.html

I love the mod, in Arena the second you step out the door you already see the nameplates from a mile away. They are the perfect size and everything, no ridiculous amounts of customization that Aloft or Tidy Plates require.

Simply put I'm an Arena Fanatic, my entire focus is on that, all of my mods are based around that and I love the way ncNameplates do it...

Except for a few things, the Healthbar/Cast Bar. I use gladius and my target/focus bar to monitor my teammates health, healthbars, cast bars over the head can clutter my screen in moments and I'll miss crucial things.

I'm not an author, nor do I have any experience with it, I tried messing around and editing myself which has worked to some extent.

What I have done was turn the healthbars/class icons/cast bars of teammates down to a width of 1 (Because I use raid icons to find my teammates) and set the healthbars of enemies to a width of 1. Now this works and it's a nice temporary fix, but I don't like not being able to see friendly players green name text over their head when I'm running around Dalaran.

I just want to simply disable castbars/icons/cast bars on teammates to just leave the standard normal green text, then simply disable the healthbars/cast bars on enemies and leave only class icons that are solid. (Aren't faded when you aren't targeting them)

I know a ton of Arena players who are looking for a mod that SPECIFICALLY does this. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Last edited by megatf : 07-29-10 at 08:46 AM.
08-04-10, 08:08 PM   #2
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If this was possible, it would sound very nice, I would definitely use it. However, I have no idea how I would approach this.
08-04-10, 08:21 PM   #3
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For PM:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/p...newpm&u=207710

^ click, put in title and message, push send.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Can you send Private messages? (ncNameplates)