05-25-08, 08:08 PM   #1
gararf
A Defias Bandit

Getting item stats

as of one week ago i had no programming experience at all, but i decided to dive right in and make an addon of my own when i found a great mana regen calculator that would be better implemented in game.
you can see the entire progress log of the mod here (5 pages), along with explanatons of what it does and what makes it more useful than just calculating mana regen.
http://www.eurokremguild.net/forum/p...php?f=15&t=195

all of it is working except the recently added Mp5 from items function,
the addon can be setup easily with a "get my stats" button, setting checkboxes for talents items etc. and because of the way the calculator works i cannot use mana while casting from the GetManaRegen() golbal api function because if the charcter has talents set that increase mp5 it will affect this value and so the talents benefit will be counted twice.

so i need to get the mp5 from the items the character is wearing, i've looked at bonous scanner and other related addons but i cannot work out how they do it.

some help plx!
05-26-08, 07:31 PM   #2
gararf
A Defias Bandit

a little speculation anyone ?
im open to any soloution nomatter how long provided it works
i think bonous scanner works by examining the item text and recognising patterns in the text to get values for different stats.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Getting item stats