05-01-05, 09:30 PM   #1
janin
A Murloc Raider

Question Price Creator

Hey,

The title might be wrong but I'll explain what I mean I'm wanting a way of calculating prices, for enchantments in my case, to sell to other players. I found this list
http://www.crimson-eagles.org/prof_recipes.php (components pages)
and think that the mod could use the prices from this list as they seem average prices, also based on my own working out of averages/drop rates etc. Below I have tried to explain what I mean, with some very basic diagrams.
Just imagine all the [ ]'s as boxes for the icons and the {}'s for boxes to type in

I'll use enchanting as an example since thats the skill I have.
I'm thinking of a list of reagents with the price alongside, and either;

click&drag reagents into an 'adding' box for a total
eg
main Price Creator window - listing reagents, maybe a drop menu to select profession
Things in the []'s are part of the MOD, maybe the [price] could be changable at a later date, not to worry about that right now though.

[dust] [5s]
[essence] [2s]
[gem] [1g]

the 'adding' box - empty listings, blank boxes to drag reagents needed from the main window, with a box next to that where you can type in the number needed.

[dust] (dragged from list) {amount needed} [total for dust]
[essence] (dragged from list) {amount needed} [total for essence]
[gem] (dragged from list) {amount needed} [total for gems]
[Total for enchant]

Not sure what the max number of reagents for anything is though..

or;

Just a long list of the reagents (again maybe a drop menu for profession) with a blank box to type the number needed, a 'total box' at the bottom, and maybe a 'calculate' button?
eg
[dust] [5s] {amount needed}
[essence] [2s] {amount needed}
[gem] [1g] {amount needed}
[Total]

I prefer the first choice as it'd prolly be less cluttered though.

Not sure how possible this is, but as I said if I had the knowledge I would use the prices from the pre-mentioned site and put those into the MOD so that it's all there.

If anyone has any idea about how to do this, or even better can! Then please give it a go, I've spoken to a few people who think it'd be a good idea and might standardise some of those ridiculous prices out there
05-04-05, 08:50 AM   #2
janin
A Murloc Raider

oops, apology to Admin Cairenn for my double post, I did a search and it didn't come up so posted again thinking my PC had messed up again.

Has anyone any thoughts though please?
05-04-05, 12:36 PM   #3
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Not a problem Janin.
05-05-05, 08:35 AM   #4
Yahyah
A Kobold Labourer
Doh

CRIMENY!! I had written a full 3 paragraph great reply to you, regarding how you may want to consider lootlink-type functionality over that WowEcon, but I wasn't logged in and it wiped the text!!

Too exhausted to retype at the moment, sorry, but suggest you examine lootlink vs.WowEcon for information about AH prices.. Former is client-based and stored, latter looks server-based and possibly soon-to-be pay service :P

I'll revisit here later to fully rewrite my reply, sorry. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] to discuss.

Yahyah
Shadowmoon

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Price Creator