01-07-11, 03:53 AM   #1
wizy
A Defias Bandit
Please recommend: Buff/Sound addon

Could anyone please recommend an addon that plays different sounds depending on buffs that a target (NPC) gains?

For example in the Maloriak fight, the boss gains a healing buff. When he does, I'd like to have a sound play so that I know when to dispel. I am DPS so I usually have him selected but when I need to AOE adds I swift my focus away from his target frame and the buff might tick for a couple of secs.

Thanks in advance!
01-12-11, 02:39 PM   #2
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MikScrollingBattleText is great for adding custom Triggers for Auras/Abilities that your target gains/casts. You can assign sounds as well for the Triggers which will fire along with a text notification.

Off the top of my head you could.. create new trigger, name it "Remedy, Dispel!" or something similar, enable for all classes, event is aura application, on target, spell name is Remedy for Maloriak, save, then find your new trigger and click the wrench icon and select a sound to fire, save and you're all set.

Last edited by Limb0 : 01-12-11 at 02:39 PM. Reason: added addon link
01-12-11, 09:20 PM   #3
starlon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's AuraAlarm which can play a sound, along with optinally flashing the background when the aura is applied or about to expire. It's not the best addon out there, and nowhere near as advanced as the addon Limb0 suggested, but it's simple to use with its few alarm options, and it does its job fairly well, with the occasional bad behavior.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...AuraAlarm.html

Legalize WoW gold purchases directly from Blizzard! Yeah, my doctor thinks I'm crazy too. >.<

"It was either going to school for programming or working at the Genetically Modified Wildlife Preserve. I've always had a love for the wildlife, but technology won out in the end."

Note: If you know of a library that you want to make available in your own scripts. let me know and I'll see about writing a plugin for it.

LCD4WoW

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Please recommend: Buff/Sound addon