07-27-10, 09:56 AM   #1
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Paladin in Cataclysm

Any Paladin got a Beta key already? I'm curious about how the new "Holy Power" part of the interface looks like. And how the new paladin play feels. Anyone?

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

07-27-10, 10:16 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I copied a 80 paladin over to test it out for my fiance who is a pally tank.

From memory, it's been a few days , certain abilities store up holy power which can then be used to boost some other abilities.

I thought I had a screenshot of it in action but guess it didn't work rofl. So here goes with a verbal example:

Holy Shock - Grants a charge of Holy Power

Word of Glory - Consumes all charges of Holy Power to heal a friendly target for around 1600 per application (charge ? ) of Holy Power.

Inquisition - Consumes Holy Power to increase your Holy Damage by 30%. Lasts 10 seconds per charge of Holy Power consumed.

07-27-10, 10:41 AM   #3
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I know the "text" (Thanks though)! What about some screens? Does it feel good/right/better?

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

07-27-10, 10:46 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I'll jump on the pally in a few and try and work it out and take some screens. Not played a pally so I wouldn't be able to compare it with existing game play unfortunately.

Edit: Scratch that. Seems they are working heavily on Pally talents still as I can't access the talent screens anymore and Holy Shock doesn't seem to exist to test it out or any other ability that generates holy power.

Last edited by Xrystal : 07-27-10 at 10:52 AM.

07-27-10, 12:54 PM   #5
Dawn
A Molten Giant

WIP, I hate it. *sad panda*

Thanks for trying!

07-27-10, 01:26 PM   #6
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Retribution is looking good, it needs some tweaking (holy power needs to stack up faster and we need more buttons to press, e.g. a lower CS cooldown which I think will come in the next build) but I really think it's going to be a 'proper' dps spec in Cataclysm instead of cooldown mashing.

Light of Dawn is also a really cool spell.

Not too sure about protection...

07-27-10, 06:16 PM   #7
Demonhak88
A Defias Bandit
Here is my personal play by play:

Ret looks really good so far to me. Rotation works (barring a couple MINOR things which appear to have incoming fixes) and I like the feel of holy power and its use.
EDIT: Also Inquisition feels abso-freakin-great, really cool dps spike.

I haven't tested Holy personally but it seems just as far along as ret on paper

Prot on the other hand seems to be lacking. I do more damage on live with avengers shield and hammer of the righteous than on beta with identical gear, so the damage needs to be tweaked. Also it seems prot is not complete because prot generates holy power as ret dues with Crusader Strike but, outside of Holy Shield, seems to not have any implemented use for it. Which kinda feels crappy in practice. So basically NYI..

Last edited by Demonhak88 : 07-27-10 at 06:20 PM.

07-28-10, 03:01 PM   #8
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Sounds cool. How does the "holy power" part of the interface looks like? Somehow like the new soulshards for warlocks?

07-28-10, 03:23 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
From memory, and it's been awhile since I saw it and they may have changed it since, it was appearing as a stacking buff.

07-28-10, 03:32 PM   #10
unlimit
Lookin' Good

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
From memory, and it's been awhile since I saw it and they may have changed it since, it was appearing as a stacking buff.
It still is appearing as a stacking buff.

It will be changed soon(™), either as a bar (which would be weird to me) or, which would be more conducive, something similar to the warlock shard bar.

kúdan: im playing pantheon
JRCapablanca: no youre not
** Pantheon has been Banned. **

07-28-10, 03:33 PM   #11
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
It's still a stacking buff currently but Ghostcrawler confirmed that it'll have it's own UI element similar to the new warlock soulstone system.

08-06-10, 12:33 AM   #12
AtliThor
Now in color!

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
It's still a stacking buff currently but Ghostcrawler confirmed that it'll have it's own UI element similar to the new warlock soulstone system.
I just noticed "PaladinPowerBar.lua/xml" files in the InterfaceData. Seems like an incomplete fork of the warlock shard UI. In fact, read the comments
Code:
function HolyBallBar_OnLoad (self)
	-- Disable rune frame if not a Warlock.
	local _, class = UnitClass("player");	
	if ( class ~= "PALADIN" ) then
		self:Hide();
	end
	--self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_POWER");
	--self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD");
	--self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_DISPLAYPOWER");

self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_AURA");
end
... HolyBallBar

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Cataclysm Beta » Paladin in Cataclysm